What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone - a mad busy week with lots of early starts so I've been a bit lax at taking readings some days. Generally all fine though and a 6.5 to start my day today.
It's my birthday today, and apparently it is the most common birthday in America (although I'm not American, I still find this interesting).
Looking at the list of people through history with whom I share my birthday includes a 18c German prince Count Heinrich von Battenburg - I was disappointed to discover he had nothing to do with the pink and yellow marzipan cake I remember so fondly from my childhood.
Enjoy your birthday, rhubarb73 even without the battenburg--it was my dad's favourite cake too. :)

James_Donnelly

Update from this morning. Woke up at 7.30am with 3.8, hypo level, so obviously had to eat, so had some toast and jam for my hypo/breakfast and just didn't take insulin. Went back later and measured at 11am and had rocketed to 11.5 !!! What the hell !! I'm never that high. No idea why this happened. Jumped on my exercise bike and did some HIIT for 20 minutes which brought me back down to 7, then had some lunch with 7 units of novorapid insulin (lunch was 42g of carbs). Back to 5.6 now.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning everyone - a mad busy week with lots of early starts so I've been a bit lax at taking readings some days. Generally all fine though and a 6.5 to start my day today.
It's my birthday today, and apparently it is the most common birthday in America (although I'm not American, I still find this interesting).
Looking at the list of people through history with whom I share my birthday includes a 18c German prince Count Heinrich von Battenburg - I was disappointed to discover he had nothing to do with the pink and yellow marzipan cake I remember so fondly from my childhood.

IMG_1538744105.078826.jpg

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Many happy returns of the day.

Reactions: rhubarb73

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all sorry I haven’t been posting the last few days just feel a bit rubbish went to respiratory hub today test results won’t be back until next week though they done a special blood test to make sure there aren’t any clots going to my lungs today’s blood sugar was 5.0 but I’m aiming for 5.5 to 6.5 so the diabetes dr said to reduce levemir to 8 units hope you have a good afternoon everyone

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 at 7.15 am. Bedtime reading was 5.4 at 10.50 pm.

Second day running (and third day out of the last four) in the 6s after a few weeks of being all over the place.

Busy day - six mile walk this morning, food shopping for the weekend and next week done, new Ian Rankin book bought, and an appointment with the practice nurses to look at my wound (they're very happy with it and down to two appointments a week now and looking at back to work the week after next).

Hope everyone's had a good day.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your caring words, @Bubbsie. Just made some soup with coconut milk, red curry paste, oxtail, pumpkin and assorted vegetables. I am sure this will help.
@karen8967 -- Sorry to read about your cold. Doesn't sound good at all. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@Ziggy2017 -- Hope that they won't find any clots in your lungs and will be able to help you feel better soon. Thinking of you.
@SaskiaKC -- How is your cat? Is it feeling any better? We always worry about our pets, don't we?

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just Googled Ian Rankin to see who he was ... "Oh, he writes Rebus!" I think I've seen those on TV? Maybe I will try something by him since I'm on the last Superintendent Bone mystery (feel like I've spent a month in Kent, solving mysteries and playing with kittens ^. .^. .^).

6.1 FBG Friday morning.

Happy birthday, rhubarb!

I'm glad to learn what Battenberg Cake is. I'd read about it in Miss Read novels but that was before the Internet and I didn't know what kind of cake it was.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All,
Mine was 9.1 today without any reason. I'm having a very grumpy day so far because my old dog Cecilia was howling at 3.45 am because she wanted to sleep in my other dog's bed. The older she gets, the more stubborn she becomes. I couldn't get back to sleep, feeling really rough.

My 19yo kitty went through something like this, yowling at all hours (mostly around 3 am) wanting I don't know what. I think at that age they don't always know either, poor things. I am sorry for you and Cecilia and the dog in whose bed Cecilia wanted to sleep.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Thanks for your caring words, @Bubbsie. Just made some soup with coconut milk, red curry paste, oxtail, pumpkin and assorted vegetables. I am sure this will help.
@karen8967 -- Sorry to read about your cold. Doesn't sound good at all. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@Ziggy2017 -- Hope that they won't find any clods in your lungs and will be able to help you feel better soon. Thinking of you.
@SaskiaKC -- How is your cat? Is it feeling any better? We always worry about our pets, don't we?
Thank you @ziggy_w the dr says is doesn’t look like clots thankfully as you don’t get temperatures and coughing with them usally I don’t know what I would do if it was clots I had once and was on awful heparin injections which in my opinion hurt a lot more than insulin

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ziggy_w the dr says is doesn’t look like clots thankfully as you don’t get temperatures and coughing with them usally I don’t know what I would do if it was clots I had once and was on awful heparin injections which in my opinion hurt a lot more than insulin

Really empathize, I was hospitalized with DVT and lung embolism three years ago -- blood clots in the lungs is definitely something no one wants to have.

Still, I really hope that HCPs will be able to help you get better. You've been dealing with this for quite some time already. When will you see them next? Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night all just getting ready to get into bed and read my new Jaqueline Wilson book I know I’m a little old for them but I enjoy them I probably enjoy them so much as I read them a lot when I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and they took my mind off my disease. Reading is such a wonderful activity I suffer from anxiety but reading really helps me to stop worrying :) tonight’s BG is 7.6