Pip

Adrian1985

Can diabetics with neuropathy claim pip I'm really struggling and need more help and have a carer but I would need to claim pip for that is there anyone else that claims it I'm 33 been type 1 for 13 years and badly controlled and now suffering the complications from it

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My impression is that benefits are largely based upon the effects of pathologies on people. If your GP and hospital consultants will support your case then you have prospects I believe. I suggest you pick the brains of CAB perhaps?

Reactions: SOPHIE2006

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
PIP is very difficult to get, the mobility part is even harder to get.
I get the care element but that's nothing to do with my diabetes. I have very bad neuropathy in both legs so when I next do a review, I have to decide whether to say.
I would suggest looking at the PIP site via Google to give you an idea. I will warn you, the form is very long

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could be wrong but I think the system is based on "the ability to do any work" rather than the degree of incapacity. It is very harsh process. Second the opinion to check with CAB first.

Just to clarify PIP is not related to work but care needs in daily life and mobility.

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
Or in simple rerms, how your condition affects you.

Reactions: Sfranno