What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie and @shelley262

Ikea not too bad. Did find what I wanted - a sofa, but not in stock!! Of course I have a bag full of stuff I didn’t realise I needed along with some smoked salmon (very cheap) and a salmon loin.

I've been looking at Ikea online for recliners and mattresses. Not ready to buy yet but they seem to have some nice stuff?

6.6 Saturday morning after not much sleep (up 'til 2 reading and eating cold BBQ). Very under the weather today (not related to the BBQ) but at least I got the day of rest I'd been needing all week. My cat was happy to lie in bed with me all day. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd recommend the Rebus books @SaskiaKC but you're probably best starting with the early ones as there's a quite a lot of character and relationship development during the series. TV was good with Ken Stott playing Rebus but there wre some with John Hanna which I didn't like. If you like detective novels and you're looking for something new, I'd also recommend Stephen Booth's novels - new one of those just out as well, but again you're probably best starting with the early ones. Set in the Peak District and the way he weaves the landscape into the books is very good.

Thanks, David. I think it may have been Ken Stott I saw as I don't remember seeing John Hanna as Rebus. I will look for some early Rankin and maybe Booth too, after I finish Judi Dench's And Furthermore, which has just become available to read on my Nook! :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
4.6 today I’m happily back in a run of 4s since my holidays - particularly happy as invented a type of low carb trifle like pudding and had a biggish portion - boy did I enjoy it but no impact on my bgs which were 5.1 2 hours after eating as well.
@Goonergal pleased you managed a later start - enjoy Kew will be lovely with this weather and the autumnal colours.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all looks very wet and grey out there and I have the great fun of going to the flu jab clinic this am to look forward to - lucky me - almost as much fun as @Goonergal s plan to go to Ikea. Seriously @Goonergal hope you find what you’re looking for!
4.7 fbg this morning so all good also did ketones for first time in a few weeks and are still 2.1 ( were 2.2 two weeks ago so happily motoring along)
Have a really good day all and hope you poorly ones stay dry and warm.