Insulin
Urgh! Ribena and JD? You mus' be crazy! :mrgreen:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I can't hack the diet drinks because aspartame and other artificial sweeteners leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I have water with a dash of Roses Lime Juice - O.K. it has sugar in but when very dilute I reckon that it is acceptable.

At the moment I am developing a taste for Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc which is likely to be expensive once I leave NZ (and also doesn'r qualify for this thread as it is achoholic :).

Cheers

LGC

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
LittleGreyCat said:
I have water with a dash of Roses Lime Juice - O.K. it has sugar in but when very dilute I reckon that it is acceptable.

That brings back some memories LGC as my mother liked Roses Lime Juice,it was a familiar site in bars years ago when lager & lime was popular with the ladies and I thought it had ceased production.

Nigel

greekqueen

you have got to try out mines..you will seriously love it I am sure :wink:

A pint glass three quarters filled with tesco diet ginger ale, nice tasting, unlike some other supermarket brands, no after taste, a generous glug of apple juice, 25ml? and a squeeze of fresh lime..This has been my drink for five years now and I usually have at least a glass a day :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink a Sugar free Red-Bull from Lidl every weekday morning. It's called Mixxx Up, and tastes exactly like the reall thing. Only 29p per can (on offer - 6for £1.50).

Beats coffee hands down.

Tesco do a GREAT sugar free cream soda.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Iced Latte...... :)

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Slimline tonic - with or without Gin. Used to drink this when I was nightclubbing and driving, another friend who was also usually driving had slimline bitter lemon - people always thought we were the drunks, we were so OTT :lol:

Ailz

Jim H

Before I was diagnosed, it was (full sugar) Coca-Cola. I used to be not so keen on the diet stuff (or any diet Cola). I am now used to the taste of the diet drinks and always order Diet cola in any pubs when I'm driving afterwards. In the last year I think I have drunk only one can of I full sugar stuff, and that was half way through a long cycle ride.

I'm not sure what my favourite cold drink is. I do like fresh apple juice, although this might be because of my liking of Cider. Grape juice is very nice too, and of course so is Shloer.

McDonald's Chocolate Milkshakes are very nice and so are Frijis, but of course they are full of sugar.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Sprite zero too! Guess they make a fortune from us :D When I am really thirsty on hot day I love the ice cold water too!

GillKat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Ice cold water, sugarless ribena or even Zero Coke...........just cant hack the caffeine anymore :(

Also a mixture of sugarless orange, lemon and a dash of Roses lime, ice cold of course!

Having problems getting Roses now.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Aldi has just got a load of sugar free/zero style fizzy drinks in.

I've tried the Dandilion & Burdock - it's quite nice.

Very cheap, too. £0.49p for 2L.

peecee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Home made elderflower cordial for me, and as an occasional treat elderflower champagne, with the sugar content greatly reduced, it never gets as fizzy as the full sugar version but you cant have everything :)

SandieB

Usually caffeine free diet coke, or maybe when I'm at work, the ordinary diet coke. Sometimes a very small amount of fruit cordial or some fruit juice topped up with fizzy water from the fridge....not very often though.
:D

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
My favourite? Irn Bru.

Haven't touched it since being diagnosed though, so these days it's Diet Coke.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Sugarfree Red Bull. No carbs but tastes like it's got loads :wink: