Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
5.9 today, weird one today, I was filling my time doing a silly word search puzzle, looking for various things like toast, bacon etc and it dawned on me that even the words were turning my stomach. I've found a subliminal dieting technique, woop woop!, all I need to do now is get overweight and then err get thin again...hmm, the drawing board has been wiped.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @jayney27 ,I've already got the results online, HbA1c 46. I was expecting something between 42-47 so that's ok.
Cholesterol was 5.5, gp might not like it but I'm ok with that.
All other figures seem to be in the 'normal' range.
So long as you are pleased and happy with the results, that's what's important. Keep doing what you are doing as it seems to be working for you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
result of hbA1c
27/09/2018 35 mmol/mol 5.3%
19/06/2018 36 mmol/mol 5.5%
16/02/2018 114mmol/mol 12.5%
no medication since 29/06/2018
havent posted lately ran out of strips and not reordered yet but cant keep away!..
pleased!
Congratulations @Diawara that is a stunning turnaround since February. A Superstar in our midst.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @Diawara that is a stunning turnaround since February. A Superstar in our midst.
thanks ian.... i intend to , at some time send my results to the diabetic nurse who left the practice and the one on the desmond course who both insisted i would be on medication for life... im not going to let things slip...its not a dress rehersal!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks ian.... i intend to , at some time send my results to the diabetic nurse who left the practice and the one on the desmond course who both insisted i would be on medication for life... im not going to let things slip...its not a dress rehersal!
That's a very good result, Diawara . Tell us the secret of the your plan please.