Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a very good result, Diawara . Tell us the secret of the your plan please.
take on board little bits of advice from all the members on this forum without whom i would have been lost...... cut out bread biscuits pasta rice sugar pastries cakes pies above all haribo type sweets ...dont miss any of it all led to rapid weight loss ... certainly 25 kilos since this time last year still been 98 to100 kgs for several months now still classed as obese with a bmi of 33.5 which dont count the muscle ive built up with exercise.... oh and think positive!

Reactions: James13 and Prem51

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
take on board little bits of advice from all the members on this forum without whom i would have been lost...... cut out bread biscuits pasta rice sugar pastries cakes pies above all haribo type sweets ...dont miss any of it all led to rapid weight loss ... certainly 25 kilos since this time last year still been 98 to100 kgs for several months now still classed as obese with a bmi of 33.5 which dont count the muscle ive built up with exercise.... oh and think positive!
Hi @Diawara ditch the BMI chart go with how you feel.:)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Diawara ditch the BMI chart go with how you feel.:)
I agree with this, according to all charts I would still be classed as overweight or on some, heavens above, obese but everyone I know has been amazed at my weight loss and no one thinks I need to loose much more. I think the charts are very inaccurate as no 2 bodies are the same and everyone carries weight differently, we all have different muscle mass, bone density etc but none of this is accounted for on these charts. Too much emphasis on how far the needle moves on the scales.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone, late on parade but hey I’m on holibobs :)
5.6 this morning which is very unusual considering I took the reading a good hour and a half later than normal and typically my BG rises throughout the morning regardless of what I do or eat, maybe it too knows we are on holiday lol

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the reply Diawara.
I was told it won't work for me because I have MODY and I am now on insulin.I tried the low carb diet on early spring this year, my clothe size dropping from 10 to size 6 but still carried on swimming, waking and zumba dancing). I was tired all the time. So my DN put me back on insulin again ( 4 to 6 unit in the evening only).
Thanks for reading.
I wish you a great day and reach your goals.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A disappointing 6.6 today. Maybe because of all the cortisol still floating about having had to wrestle a very large spider out of my bedroom last night.
Funny spider quote not funny re your disappointment for that I am sending a virtual hug. Hopefully you have woken to a clear blue sky and sunshine like me, that should lift your spirits.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny spider quote not funny re your disappointment for that I am sending a virtual hug. Hopefully you have woken to a clear blue sky and sunshine like me, that should lift your spirits.

Yes I have Jayney, and it has, thank you. Have fun on your holibobs.

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude & condescending people. I will call you out on it.
7.0 this morning after my cashew nuts midnight feast while watching 90 day fiance. Trouble sleeping through the night of late, being constantly hungry and eating when I'm not supposed to. #joysofdiabetes

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
7.0 this morning after my cashew nuts midnight feast while watching 90 day fiance. Trouble sleeping through the night of late, being constantly hungry and eating when I'm not supposed to. #joysofdiabetes

That could be me writing this - but substitute Kindle for TV. I’ve had to adopt a Spanish afternoon siesta kind of life to catch up on the .

Reactions: ianpspurs