What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning 5.6 for me.

Got some other good news with my weight loss this week, I am finally out of morbid obesity (category 3) into category 2 obesity. My BMI is now 39.5 (started at 48.0), and I've lost 43.39 lbs (19.68 kg , just over 3 stone so far since the end of June when I was diagnosed.
That’s fab weight loss! Well done you!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 5.6 for me.

Got some other good news with my weight loss this week, I am finally out of morbid obesity (category 3) into category 2 obesity. My BMI is now 39.5 (started at 48.0), and I've lost 43.39 lbs (19.68 kg , just over 3 stone so far since the end of June when I was diagnosed.

Congratulations, Chronicle_Cat! That is great news. And encouraging to me too.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@karen8967 it was so much easier than I thought it would be I also suffer from anxiety so I was scared it was going to hurt all I heard was a loud click and a tiny sting :D as I have anxiety this kind of thing is a big deal for me so I’m really happy with myself for doing it :D

Congratulations, Ziggy2017! You did good. :) I suffer from anxiety too, and I remember how terrified I was last spring right after dx, anticipating the first time I would have to stick my finger.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Congratulations, Ziggy2017! You did good. :) I suffer from anxiety too, and I remember how terrified I was last spring right after dx, anticipating the first time I would have to stick my finger.
@SaskiaKC I remember the first finger prick I got from an actual finger pricker it hurt a lot less then when the nurse used a thing called a babies toe cutter (not sure if that was what they called it or being withdrawn from my morphine did this) it hurt really bad and my fingers looked like they had been sliced open :wideyed: ofcourse when I showed my mum and she told the (student nurses working in the intensive care unit) that they had to get something more suitable to draw blood

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning 5.6 for me.

Well done, keep up the good work.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I remember the first finger prick I got from an actual finger pricker it hurt a lot less then when the nurse used a thing called a babies toe cutter (not sure if that was what they called it or being withdrawn from my morphine did this) it hurt really bad and my fingers looked like they had been sliced open :wideyed: ofcourse when I showed my mum and she told the (student nurses working in the intensive care unit) that they had to get something more suitable to draw blood

Ow, yikes! I'm glad your mum was there!