Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 @ 06.30 am. How the hell does this work ? My lowest of the week when I expected highest. This is after drinking a lot of beer at the London Oktoberfest along with a large salty pretzel. To prepare for the night out I had a burger and chips at lunchtime. Every other day this week I have been behaving but the counts have been higher. ***?
Alcohol keeps your liver busy, so it's too preoccupied to give you the liver dump of glucose you were expecting in the am. That's why drunken hypo's can get very dangerous. (Knocked out & liver not responding = not good)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.6, down from 11.2 yesterday.

3 days since diagnosis, and following a strict LCHF diet.
Welcome @LeftPeg (over 'ere son, on me 'ead) Great progress and top, top bloke for the LCHF. Look forward to seeing your progress. @DJC3 your fbg/bg seems to have learned what nolens volens means and is revelling in hammering home the meaning. Things will come right - just continue to eat yer greens and move about a bit. The Redknapp Doctrine:angelic:

Last edited:

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome @LeftPeg (over 'ere son, on me 'ead) Great progress and top, top bloke for the LCHF. Look forward to seeing your progress. @DJC3 your fbg/bg seems to have learned what nolens volens means and is revelling in hammering home the meaning. Things will come right - just continue to eat yer greens and move about a bit. The Redknapp Doctrine:angelic:

Thanks Ian. I'm a Liverpool fan myself, but the first diabetic I ever knew of was the great Gary Mabbutt!

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.8 for me, feeling blue today, woke up to a consultant appointment letter along with one from a life insurance company, hehe, another one of life's sweet ironic moments.The weekend beckons with nothing planned so I'm pretty safe in assuming I'll get that done, ahem, increase the peace my lovelies and have a nice weekend.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
your fbg/bg seems to have learned what nolens volens means and is revelling in hammering home the meaning. Things will come right - just continue to eat yer greens and move about a bit:

Had to look that up, what a great phrase, I shall use it daily from now on.

Good advice too, thank you: It’s all we can practically do I think.