Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My HbA1c on diagnosis was 119 in 6 months got it to 39

Now it's 48 so I'm clearly doing something wrong or perhaps it's complacency

KC67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On diagnosis in April this year I was 122 but with insulin and careful food choices have got it down to 55. I would like it to be lower but my DN thinks 55 is ok - I think she wants me to avoid hypos to bring it down any lower.

Reactions: michita

James_Donnelly

I haven't had my blood taken for a few months now so not sure what it would be at. However, I measure 5-7 times a day, and just checked my machine and it says my 30 day average is 6.1mmol/l so what would that work out as over a 3 month period in terms of the HbA1c. I think I was 55 last time which was in like June. I want to get it under 45 so would that get me under 45 if it was a 3 month average?

WoodWarbler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed in 2005 and have ranged from 73 to 61 since then, this year I started a low carb diet and am now down to 47.

ajnjie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: What are your H test results?

Hi Darren. By H results, I assume you mean HbA1c? This is one of the key tests and looks at your average blood sugars over 3 months (sort of anyway!) Without wanting to sound picky, this test is measured as a %, NOT in mmol so I wonder if you're getting mixed up? The mmol tests are the one-off blood sugar tests we can do on our meters. It's worth clarifying your results so you can compare properly with other tests in the future and see how you're getting on. My Hba!c was 8.2 when I was diagnosed, but fortuinately down to 5.9 when I was tested 4 months later.
Good luck!

It is measured both was DCCT which is the old way and my percentage or IFCC which is mmol/mol mine was 5.83% converted means 40.2 mmol/mol!!! Thats from 12.3% converted 111 mmol/mol in April!

Last edited:

NARCO515

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was diagnosed on 29/2/2016 it was 111 and on Tuesday nurse told me my latest reading was 41 and advised me not to let it go lower for fear of hypo risks.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
5.0 % today , libre prediction was 4.7 so can't complain!

Reactions: CathP