Not posted in a while.

Marcus1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
It's been 4 months since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It's been an up and down ride since my diagnosis.
I was originally prescribed metformin standard release, they did not agree with me and neither did the slow release. I didn't want to take any medication and wanted to reduce my sugar levels through diet and exercise alone. My GP contacted me and asked me to come in and see him. He presuaded me to try slow release metformin again for 1 month, if still no better he would try something else. I agreed to this.
I found myself tolerating the slow release and my readings where looking better. I was called in for my blood test hba1c and cholesterol.
My results came back and I am now back in the prediabetes group and my cholesterol which was 7.5 is now 6, so overall it's improving. My GP wants me to carry on as I am and will see me again in 3 months when I have another hba1c test.
I am booked on a full day diabetes course at the end of the month and my first eye screening early December.
Thanks

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow well done you. The Metformin will have helped a bit with your bgs but would imagine a lot of the excellent reduction is down to the dietary work you’ve put in too.
I remember your cholesterol concerns too so great that you’re seeing an improvement.
Well done - please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me.

Reactions: Elaine p

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on getting down into the pre-diabetic range @Marcus1234! Keep up the good work and you could be in the non-diabetic range at your next test. :)

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations, keep up the good work and you will see non-diabetic levels soon.

Marcus1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow well done you. The Metformin will have helped a bit with your bgs but would imagine a lot of the excellent reduction is down to the dietary work you’ve put in too.
I remember your cholesterol concerns too so great that you’re seeing an improvement.
Well done - please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me.
Thank you.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, I remember your concerns and anxiety at the beginning of your journey, great to see you have done so well, congratulations.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
It's been 4 months since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It's been an up and down ride since my diagnosis.
I was originally prescribed metformin standard release, they did not agree with me and neither did the slow release. I didn't want to take any medication and wanted to reduce my sugar levels through diet and exercise alone. My GP contacted me and asked me to come in and see him. He presuaded me to try slow release metformin again for 1 month, if still no better he would try something else. I agreed to this.
I found myself tolerating the slow release and my readings where looking better. I was called in for my blood test hba1c and cholesterol.
My results came back and I am now back in the prediabetes group and my cholesterol which was 7.5 is now 6, so overall it's improving. My GP wants me to carry on as I am and will see me again in 3 months when I have another hba1c test.
I am booked on a full day diabetes course at the end of the month and my first eye screening early December.
Thanks
Well done!