Really concerned

torch2010

Hi all.

I have gestational diabetes, I have been monitoring my sugars for a few weeks now and it going really well, the doctors are please with my results etc. My concern is the weight loss, in the last 9 weeks I have lost 15lb....normally this would be great but I am 22 weeks pregnant and just cannot see how that amount of weight loss can be good. My consultant didn't take me very seriously when I mentioned my concern and just told me to ask the diabetic team (I am seeing them Wednesday) I eat a healthy well balanced diet but now my blood pressure is low, my sugars go up (always under 7) but they crash back down again really quickly. I have tried slow release carbs. I have been fine up until 3 days ago where my sugars and blood pressure just sort of do their own thing..

Any advice would be great
Thank you

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi torch
usually someone would have replied to you by now .I'm male and type2 so i can't advise you but Like i said normaly posts are answerd in minuits :D It could be hangovers are in place after the weekend of partying or sunday dinner .Good luck. JF 8)

jaykay

Sorry Torch, no knowledge but it might be worth copying and pasting this in the gestational diabetes section in case some people only read certain subjects. Good luck!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The thread has been moved to the Gestational Diabetes area to see if we can get responses from those who have experienced this.........

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My knowledge of gestational diabetes is a bit old as it was 19 years ago and I only had to watch my diet.

With regard to the weight loss, I would say it depends on whether you were very overweight at the start of pregnancy. I didn't loose weight with my third child but after delivering a 9lb 7oz baby, I weighed 1 1/2 stones less than I started the pregnancy with (but still very overweight).

I'm not a HCP, so see what they say on Wednesday as it may be something else that is causing the weight loss.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Here is a link to much information about Gestational Diabetes which may help you.......

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Gestati ... abetes.htm

This websites own information from the main pages........

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/gestational-diabetes.html

Yet another specifically about weight loss during Pregnancy. It is from the US but may help as it is pretty much the same opinion here in the UK.......

http://www.everydayhealth.com/gestation ... -loss.aspx

I think you should certainly go through this with your Diabetic Team.

Angela(NZ)

Dislikes
liars
Hi

I had gestational Diabetes with my last pregnancy - 3 years ago, i lost 20 kilos (44 pounds) throughout my pregnancy, the diabetes midwife and the doctors were happy that i was loosing weight as it helped my body use the little insulin that i was making....
i was using insulin injections through my pregnancy as well.