Down in the dumps

Pittston

Hi,
I was diagnosed prediabetic about 10 weeks ago, my A1c was 44. I immediately started on LCHF diet and lost 9 lbs relatively quickly. My fasting blood sugars came down to around 5.2. However for the last three weeks I seemed to have plateaued both with weight and bloods. In fact I have put on a pound and bloods early morning have been around 6. Any advice please as I need to lose at least another 20 lbs. my A1c is being retested in just over two weeks from now. I have no idea what I should be doing. BTW I am a 74 yr old female.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might have no need to worry - weightloss usually follows once your BG levels are under control.
What changes have you seen in your after meal levels?

Pittston

You might have no need to worry - weightloss usually follows once your BG levels are under control.
What changes have you seen in your after meal levels?
I had managed around 5.8 but now can be up to 6.3. The trouble is I haven’t a clue if this is good or bad. My aim of course is to kick the “prediabetes” tag. Sad to report DN was not really that helpful.
Good news this morning FB was 5.4

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had managed around 5.8 but now can be up to 6.3. The trouble is I haven’t a clue if this is good or bad. My aim of course is to kick the “prediabetes” tag. Sad to report DN was not really that helpful.
Good news this morning FB was 5.4
Those numbers are fine.. I think you are doing all the right things. Weight loss is rarely linear mine varies by up to 4 pounds over the course of a day (yes I have weighed myself that often!) .Just keep on with what you are doing and well done.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
I was diagnosed prediabetic about 10 weeks ago, my A1c was 44. I immediately started on LCHF diet and lost 9 lbs relatively quickly. My fasting blood sugars came down to around 5.2. However for the last three weeks I seemed to have plateaued both with weight and bloods. In fact I have put on a pound and bloods early morning have been around 6. Any advice please as I need to lose at least another 20 lbs. my A1c is being retested in just over two weeks from now. I have no idea what I should be doing. BTW I am a 74 yr old female.
You're doing fine. Fasting bloodglucose is the last to come down, and in the morning there's Dawn Phenomenon to contend with. Your after-meal numbers are really good, and those matter most. Losing weight will come, it just happens faster for some than for others. I think you'll be pleased with your next HbA1c.

Pittston

You're doing fine. Fasting bloodglucose is the last to come down, and in the morning there's Dawn Phenomenon to contend with. Your after-meal numbers are really good, and those matter most. Losing weight will come, it just happens faster for some than for others. I think you'll be pleased with your next HbA1c.

Reactions: Nickkim

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone, feel a bit better now! It can be a lonely place sometimes when you don’t know what you are doing.
No need to be lonely there's usually someone here to advise or have a laugh with and the great thing is we all know to some extent what you are experiencing.