What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.8 today. Not yet light, some rain forecast but good weather on the way. Home gym for me today.
Heart echo/ultasound went fine yesterday. Wont hear the results for a few weeks and the technician wont say anything. I was a private patient in a public hospital in the twisted reality that is the Irish health system. The only reason anyone goes private is get around the 18month waiting list. The public hospital takes on private patients for the money (I presume), hence pushing up the waiting time for the general public. And the money doesnt cover the cost in the inefficient public system :banghead:
Hope everyone is well or been well cared for. Hope your BG is fine of feather. Have a great day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I'm away to London today for the mental health act consultancy day ( The governments changing the act ). Started the day at 5.8
Hope you find the time in London useful it it allows you to make your points on a subject clearly central to your life. If you are only listening, hope the stress of potentially hearing nonsense does not impact bg. Either way, hope the day is useful and huge credit to you for doing this.

Reactions: Cumberland

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I'm away to London today for the mental health act consultancy day ( The governments changing the act ). Started the day at 5.8
Winner for getting involved in the consultancy I’m sure your input will be invaluable and so good to do something you’re passionate about changing because of your dreadful experience it’s very easy just to roll over sometimes! Have a useful day

Reactions: Cumberland

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all let’s hope the grey goes soon - a string of grey rainy days aren’t good for us!
5.0 this morning
Off for day of dog sitting and walking today - don’t do as often now he’s getting older our youngest needed more help with him when he was little. Should be good fun.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a 8.2 this morning but after last nights shenanigans I will take it all day long! My BS's last night were not reading on my machine they were so high!! 33.3 is a extremely high reading but that is all my machine was showing and said warning readings are higher, follow medical advice!! I have never felt so ill with high readings before!! My ketones reader only showed 0.9, so I think that I managed to get it back under control, my pump was working overtime!!! and to top it off, I keep some insulin pens as back up, and they were out of date!!! Never rains but it pours!! New pens ordered and infusion set changed, just to be on the safe side!! Any way hopefully no more stratospheric readings.

Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 5.9 at 0800. Still a 5 and I’ll take it.
@Canvaspic I undestood only too well the inadequacy of the Irish health system in the 2 years before my mum died. She desperately needed back surgery but waited 2 years 6 months by which time she had deteriorated too far to have it. It broke my heart.
@Chronicle_Cat I understand that frustration of a parent in bad pain. I hope you can find a way to alleviate it. @Ziggy2017 how are things going for you?
@shelley262 enjoy the doggy day a nice change from the usual I imagine.
To everyone have a good Tuesday, stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this fits here.
I have a mind that sees absurdities everywhere. Recently, it seems to me type 2 in the digital age gives us far too much data and views on macros, levels, weight, exercise, sleep, resting pulse and who knows what else. I now see several times a day a huge amount of data - of varying reliability - about how this machine is working. My brain can't ignore it and seems to regard much of it as a threat setting off a train of thoughts/actions to reduce perceived threats. The result often seems to do more harm than good.
Not possible to put the genie back in the bottle BUT if you are fretting over any or all of these datum that may well be driving it/them higher. As Lionel Blue said don't take it so heavy dear.
Can see why people may feel TLDR

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Have decided that fasting definitely isn't for me. Had a busy day yesterday and had my first meal of the day around 11 p.m.(other than espresso with cream in the morning) -- blood sugars were a bit higher than normally and definitely wonky.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Hugs! Definitely a challenging situation, which puts a lot of stress on you. Went through something similar with my father, but not even close to what you are dealing with.
@HarrisonK -- Good luck today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out to be nothing.
@SaskiaKC -- Good luck on your HbA1c test tomorrow.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

Made the most of the sunny day and got a fair bit of leaf raking done yesterday at mum's and bonfired most of them. Has to help with the vit D ;)

Cloudy, cooler and a bit windy today so maybe just a walk I think.

Hope your day goes well :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I think this fits here.
I have a mind that sees absurdities everywhere. Recently, it seems to me type 2 in the digital age gives us far too much data and views on macros, levels, weight, exercise, sleep, resting pulse and who knows what else. I now see several times a day a huge amount of data - of varying reliability - about how this machine is working. My brain can't ignore it and seems to regard much of it as a threat setting off a train of thoughts/actions to reduce perceived threats. The result often seems to do more harm than good to all the data.
Not possible to put the genie back in the bottle BUT if you are fretting over any or all of these datum that may well be driving it/them higher. As Lionel Blue said don't take it so heavy dear.
Can see why people may feel TLDR
Hmmm interesting post o foot the ball fan.
So if I understand your post what you are saying is " we now have access too to ( or is it too to ? ) much data, while not understanding our bodies and because of this we leap to conclusions causing ourselves raised stress levels which upsets our bodies further "
So what can we do about it ?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Have decided that fasting definitely isn't for me. Had a busy day yesterday and had my first meal of the day around 11 p.m.(other than espresso with cream in the morning) -- blood sugars were a bit higher than normally and definitely wonky.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Hugs! Definitely a challenging situation, which puts a lot of stress on you. Went through something similar with my father, but not even close to what you are dealing with.
@HarrisonK -- Good luck today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out to be nothing.
@SaskiaKC -- Good luck for your HbA1c test tomorrow.

Sorry, forgot to include my fasting blood sugars in the last post - - 5.1 today. Have a great day all.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have lost the plot, ps I hope you find it soon.

A gentle 7.3 greeted me this morning, I am beginning to thing , a first for me , that quantity might have an effect as well as quality.

Well folks today I could be painting tank wheels, I wonder what you folks will be doing that's out of the ordinary. Whatever it is have a good one.

Ps while I shall be painting my minds will be pondering the problems of quantum gravity, I seem to stuck on the event horizon.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good luck

Well, good news and not-so-good news I guess.

Doc gave me my latest HbAc1 results.... 34, that's eight months from diagnosis :)

The lump, might be a subcutaneous cyst but I'm being sent for cancer screening. Important to note that men can get breast cancer too.

At least the universe is diverse in its choices to bump me off ;):)