Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

There's other stuff I haven't yet touched like Wear OS support (which I think Scott-C uses) and Nightscout integration..

I also use Wear OS and link the xDrip+ to a Ticwatch which means I don't have to have the phone in my pocket all the time plus it will also pick up and use the alarm function which is useful.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Ughhh!

I woke at 2am, the sheets were wet with sweat and I was shaking. For me, these are typical night time hypo symptoms.
I scanned my Libre with my phone - 6.2 and rising. Eh? That was not how I felt.
I used the phone torch (so as not to wake my partner) and tried a finger prick - 4.9. OK lower but still not how I felt.
The Libre/Glimp graphs showed no lows. For the last 24 hours, I have been wibbling around the blue zone.
I took nothing, continued to toss and turn and finally got back to sleep.
When the alarm woke me later, I felt drained but not tough hypo drained. I was wondering if I dreamt it but my phone showed the manual BG input into Glimp at 2am.

I guess I will just put it down to my body having a funny turn and hope it doesn't happen again.
And, if it does, I'll do a bit more investigation.

Hope everyone else slept as well as my partner did through all of that.
Same thing happened to me a couple of nights ago and my BG was over 6. I slept well once I found a bath sheet.

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morning does anybody have any tips for dealing with high blood glucose levels overnight? I've included some photos of my BG reader I'm maintaining an average BG level of 5.7 but this average is much higher between the hours of midnight and 0600. Logically I feel that this is the optimum time to keep BG levels as low as possible as I'm not required to drive or deal with other aspects of life during these hours. If I could keep my BG level below 5 overnight then my average BG levels and therefore my HBA1C would be greatly improved. I've been Type 1 since February 2018 and would appreciate any help from more experienced campaigners.

Attachments

• glucose.pdf
    77.3 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Cumberland

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea break on a 7.9 as I'm working locally, well a coffee break really and too high for a rich tea biscuit, todays pattern indicates a late lunch I think.

@Shellback, have yours doctors mentioned a 'honeymoon' period to you? Just your insulin needs can increase after a period of time, out of interest which insulins do you use? Do you wear a Libre and if not how frequently do you test?

People often tag @daisy1 who has some information to help people newly diagnosed. * I think it's @daisy1 anyway.

Reactions: hh1 and Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning comrades!

Solid night in the purple (I changed it from green ;) ) and nothing to report. Hope you all have a smooth day.

Hello @Shellback - welcome to our “warts and all” living with T1 thread ❤️ What’s your insulin regime? Injections? If you can give us a bit more info, we may be able to crack your problem.

Reactions: hh1 and Cumberland

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies and welcome. Insulin regime is Lantus and NovoRapid. I take the Lantus in the evening around 1800 18 units at present. Sorry to hear about the rich tea biscuit - I feel your pain!

Honeymoon period has been mentioned to me. I don't discount it but my personal opinion is that I left it so long to go to the doctors that my pancreas was well and truly knackered by the time I was diagnosed. I also know how high my BG levels go if I'm not extremely careful.

I am wearing a Libre now. Find it invaluable. Previously I was testing myself around 10 times a day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, just.
Daughter will be home after 1 pm, so I will give her her other presents then. She now has a helium balloon waiting in the kitchen, that cake lol, and I have attached 18th birthday balloons to the front door. Her best friend is coming round about 4.30pm, then off out for a meal ( 3 of us) and drinky poo's with other family member's and friends a little later.
20181016_110920_resized.jpg

Dread to think what my BS will be like by the end of the day................ answer's on a postcard please lol :wacky:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, had to reduce my internet use for a few days, as the power adaptor on my laptop decided to stop working, it does that regularly.

Had worryingly good overnight blood sugars overnight with no internet, I wonder if the two are connected.

I need one of those electric cookers with a timer. Just don't ask why. I've done this so many times, I decide to buy some eggs to hard boil, as a relatively cheap, and sensible, food option, and I use a saucepan to boil them, and the first few days I remember they're cooking, but each day the cooking time gets progressively longer, until one day I forget they're cooking, until I find a blackened saucepan, and uneatable eggs.

Yesterday I surpassed myself, so no more eggs until I get a cooker with a timer, it's not like they're even expensive.

Cake looks beautiful @Robinredbreast have a lovely birthday celebration.

n1ck

Afternoon All,

Been away for a long weekend in the North York moors area and signal was pretty poor if not non-existent which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Anyhow, 7.8 this morning.

So, i've had my review this morning. HBA1c was 63 which i'm not overly excited about but pretty much accepted as an on-going discussion with the healthcare team has been about my frequent hypo's...so to avoid them going low all the time during exercise etc i'll sit them higher than usual. I've been contemplating the libre for awhile and more so since joining the forum however it is definitely a post-code lottery! The eligibility requirements for the North-East in particular Newcastle are ridiculous so will look into self-financing options over the next couple of weeks.

A couple of things picked up during the review were very, very tiny amount of protein in my urine. Never had this in the 14 year diagnosis and the consultant said it wasn't quite a +1 but enough to trigger a lab test. Anyone else experienced this? I did have a strenuous weekend in terms of activities which i know can increase this and i was definitely dehydrated this morning looking at the colour.

Second point raised was 'absent dorsalis pedis pulse' in both feet. Since my diagnosis every clinician has struggled to get this pulse which leads me to believe that maybe this is not a major concern as they usually pick it up with a doppler which they didn't do today. I've been referred to the podiatrist so we'll see what they say. Never had a problem with my feet, no ulcers, blisters, discoloration, no pain etc..etc..so hoping that in some way my feet are just weird but normal!?

K

Knikki

Good afternoon, just.
Daughter will be home after 1 pm, so I will give her her other presents then. She now has a helium balloon waiting in the kitchen, that cake lol, and I have attached 18th birthday balloons to the front door. Her best friend is coming round about 4.30pm, then off out for a meal ( 3 of us) and drinky poo's with other family member's and friends a little later.
View attachment 29014

Dread to think what my BS will be like by the end of the day................ answer's on a postcard please lol :wacky:

OOOO I bet a lottery number for your BS :hilarious::hilarious:

K

Knikki

Hello everyone, had to reduce my internet use for a few days, as the power adaptor on my laptop decided to stop working, it does that regularly.

Had worryingly good overnight blood sugars overnight with no internet, I wonder if the two are connected.

I need one of those electric cookers with a timer. Just don't ask why. I've done this so many times, I decide to buy some eggs to hard boil, as a relatively cheap, and sensible, food option, and I use a saucepan to boil them, and the first few days I remember they're cooking, but each day the cooking time gets progressively longer, until one day I forget they're cooking, until I find a blackened saucepan, and uneatable eggs.

Yesterday I surpassed myself, so no more eggs until I get a cooker with a timer, it's not like they're even expensive.

Cake looks beautiful @Robinredbreast have a lovely birthday celebration.

Why not get one of those kitchen timers? they are way louder than the ones on a cooker.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good afternoon
Just had 2 weeks in the canaries where the wi-fi was almost non existent.
Found a beach walk that we did everyday and daytime numbers were terrific but the night time ones with all that food and wine and beer and eating later (it was that that caused me the biggest problem as at bedtime I still had Novorapid sloshing about my system).
Back home now to coldness and the gloom of driving to and from work in the dark.

I hope everyone is well.

Tony

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@n1ck they never find mine either. Feet not fallen off yet. Some one told me it is to do with foot structure not lack of pulse.

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Shellback you may be better off posting your question in it's own thread on the general T1 section?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon, just.
View attachment 29014

OMG I sooooo want a slice off cake now :)
Happy 18th to your daughter too. And have an amazing night out.