Blood Sugars with only Diet?

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should have checked, It's the only real way.
What were your number yesterday and what you ate. In the correct order.

Went to 3 km running in first thing in morning.

Checked sugars 9.4 after running. I should have checked before running.

Then berries, protein powder and almond milk smoothie for breakfast.

Went to work on car no bike ride Thursdays.

Fasting till dinner.

7 blood sugars before dinner.

Ate aubergine and cheese, zero noodles and prawns and salad.

Snack spoon of sesame seeds, pecan nuts, hazelnut mixed with butter and maple syrup.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What were you levels before your run. That's the best indicator. If you didn't check you need to, If you didn't eat then you had a liver dump of glycogen that's why you levels are up. Protein powder has carbohydrates in, plus so will your almond milk smoothie.
You came down to 7mmol thats good start.
Daft question, how many carbs in zero carb? Then you ruined it by having maple syrup
That's why you were high the following day. Don't have sugar in whatever ever form, syrup, honey, curd.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What were you levels before your run. That's the best indicator. If you didn't check you need to, If you didn't eat then you had a liver dump of glycogen that's why you levels are up. Protein powder has carbohydrates in, plus so will your almond milk smoothie.
You came down to 7mmol thats good start.
Daft question, how many carbs in zero carb? Then you ruined it by having maple syrup
That's why you were high the following day. Don't have sugar in whatever ever form, syrup, honey, curd.

Just checked zero noodles they are only 1.5g per 100g which is very low, but what was in your smoothie

Bcolclou

I do, but still working it all out. Been diagnosed for about 5 months. My last hba1c dropped from 53 to 48. Morning range averages out to mid 6s. Just cutting out a lot of the obvious at the moment. Room for improvement. Next bloods end of November

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done with your achievement on lowering your A1c. Your averages will eventually lower. Lower carb is fab way to go. Yesterday I attended my local diabetes UK group again. The speaker was ill, did mot turn up. She is an advocate of eating starchy carbs.
Everyone who is t2 is on meds and quite happy to follow, not interested in low carbing at all. I was the only one who was not on meds.
Wirral has a high rate of amputations amongst diabetics. I did bring that up, I'm not surprise.

jos64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed in January with a Hba1c reading of 98. I was put on metformin 1 tablet a day. During the first 3 months I used this forum to get as much information as possible. I lost 10% of my weight through eating differently and dropped my carb intake. Target lower than 100g per day. No bread, rice, or potatoes or derivatives. Stopped drinking cider ()
Test results after 3 months 38. Stopped medication and just had results from 3 months no meds only diet. Pleased to say 39. .
Diet doesn’t change much day to day. Breakfast- 2 bacon medallions & 2 eggs scrambled. Lunch - bowl of salad sour cream to taste. Scotch egg & yogurt. Dinner meat & veg

Hope that helps

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed in January with a Hba1c reading of 98. I was put on metformin 1 tablet a day. During the first 3 months I used this forum to get as much information as possible. I lost 10% of my weight through eating differently and dropped my carb intake. Target lower than 100g per day. No bread, rice, or potatoes or derivatives. Stopped drinking cider ()
Test results after 3 months 38. Stopped medication and just had results from 3 months no meds only diet. Pleased to say 39. .
Diet doesn’t change much day to day. Breakfast- 2 bacon medallions & 2 eggs scrambled. Lunch - bowl of salad sour cream to taste. Scotch egg & yogurt. Dinner meat & veg

Hope that helps

Thanks for the posting.

Now my fasting sugars are around 7. It is reduced mid 9 two weeks back.

Hoping by next week i will be in mid 6.

jos64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the posting.

Now my fasting sugars are around 7. It is reduced mid 9 two weeks back.

Hoping by next week i will be in mid 6.

I am hovering in the 6 - 7 I tend to only check in the morning and before bed. Just to make sure not too low before sleeping. Good luck