Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.9 for myself, think I'll try and get the grass cut for the last time, frosty this morning but sunny shiny now, got up and down the attic ok, even managed to ignore the "decorations", so today may see the waddle mower out for a finale with nothing to hold me back, apart from apathy but I'm used to fighting that demon, @DJC3 thanks yeah, brightened up again and loving life, wish I could tickle you up a bit tho..." I don't know if Trump will destroy the country but Theresa May... " I just made that up and I'm grinning...I'll get my coat.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.4 @ 07:00 AM. (Tested with just one meter, The free style.. Yaaaay me)
I was working late and @ about midnight I was ravenous, or so I believed.
I scoffed 120g of Chorizo I found in the fridge, fully expecting disaster this morning.:arghh:
My Blood ketones were 1.8.:happy: usually hovers between 2.1 and 2.5 when I do some good walking.
(My Obesogenic habits are creeping back...)I've had to take myself firmly in hand. Its all those Xmas baked goods in the shops. They tend to 'trigger' (gosh I hate that word) me.
Or that's the excuse I'm sticking with.:angelic:
I would hate to do so well all year and falter now, just because its Xmas.

Last edited:

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would do anything for a key lime pie!!!
Concoct something with the flavour it will hit the spot.
I love mince pies and truly worried that I may not be able to resist them.
This year I have bottom lined them amongst other food vices.
They appear to be ubiquitous since last week. :banghead::banghead:
I then remembered that I had bought some Xmas pudding flavour essence on Ebay, and it was sitting in the fridge.
I decided to make something.. This was more in hope than expectation, of being able to replicate the joy, I use to derive from 'inhaling' loads of mince pies.
I mixed
30ml double cream .5g carbs
250ml Asda long life Almond milk - Unsweetened (for me it has to be this particular one. Its slightly thick for want of a better description, and enhances the creamy mouth feel of the finished product).5 carbs
200 ml water
Nescafe Azera. 1g carb (its actually .8, I round up to the nearest whole number)
Splenda tablets to taste (they have no/negligible carbs) .4g carbs
Xmas pudding flavour essence to taste ..start with 2 drops its potent.
Mix well
Nuke for 2-3 mins or until the coffee mixes thoroughly into the liquid.
It hit the spot. Its creamy, its silky, Its warm, rich, without any adverse impact on both BG or Blood Ketones
It reminded me of times past....Pre T2DM Dx

You may also mix some keylime pie flavour into cream cheese sweetened with dissolved sucralose tabs.
I use the Aldi full fat soft cheese its a paltry 1.8grams of carbs per 100g
.You will find Keylime pie flavour listed on eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull and Prem51

Geoffno6

Have you read about Dawn Phenomenon @Geoffno6 ? I find the only way to stop my blood sugar continuing to rise after waking is to eat as soon as possible after waking up, a low carb breakfast before I shower and get dressed.
Here’s some info about DP:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html

Hi @Rachox I’ve tried all sorts to stop my BG shooting up in the morning even egg n bacon and your porridge in bed but it always seems to do its thing. The same food and activity in the evening gives me BGs 5 points lower. All very mystifying

Reactions: Freema

Bcolclou

Really annoyed this morning. Took a pre meal reading of 4.0 yesterday evening which was great. Had worn for the meal, which was a first and was keen to see my morning reading. 9 failed attempts ! 9 wasted strips. The meter kept erroring. Anyone else use the true matrix 60 meter? It can be fickle at times but this is crazy. Not a happy bunny