• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
98 mg/dl again this morning and a decent 50 min walk, a very positive start to the day.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning, had a low carb scone with butter last night, seems like anything after 8pm ups my fasting level:(

Reactions: Prem51 and Pasha

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think you should aim for a number below six consistent throughout daily life including exercise and rest that does not seem to result in hypos while sleeping. Numbers are only part of the equation as you celebrate life

" numbers are only part of the equation ......" Well I want to simplify my equation by removing the blood glucose element from it.
That will leave me with heart disease and metastasised prostate cancer. My daily routine does include exercise and plenty of rest.By the way, the ADA advises that HbA1c values of 7.0 are just fine for the likes of me ie ischemic heart disease. Thats an average BG of 172 mg/dl, I am not going to follow their advice.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was only diagnosed with pre-diabetes last week. My fasting level was like yours this morning, is that good or bad? I have no idea what my levels should be.
Hi @Tracy27 I think the ideal for non-diabetics is to be under 6.0 fasting. It is also about the most difficult to get down due to the Dawn phenonimum or liver dump first thing in the morning. I have been trying for over two years now, and I rarely get under 6, despite overall good control. Have a look on the main site there are tables to show what to aim for. Good luck!

Reactions: Tracy27

Tracy27

Hi @Tracy27 I think the ideal for non-diabetics is to be under 6.0 fasting. It is also about the most difficult to get down due to the Dawn phenonimum or liver dump first thing in the morning. I have been trying for over two years now, and I rarely get under 6, despite overall good control. Have a look on the main site there are tables to show what to aim for. Good luck!
Thank you! x

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Tracy27 these are the recommended bg readings, from NICE:

Screenshot 2018-07-30 at 10.58.43.png

Tracy27

@Prem51Thank you so much! Are these a guide for when I take my blood during the day? I was at 6.5 this morning and it seems to lower a bit during the day. Is that ok? x