Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well here’s my meal contribution - salmon on spinach with kimchi and egg - took 15 mins to make and 1 minute to disappear :p

Attachments

• FF1A78E7-E380-4DB6-A0D3-0C23C5CFF7CA.jpeg
    FF1A78E7-E380-4DB6-A0D3-0C23C5CFF7CA.jpeg
    598.3 KB · Views: 385

Hotpepper20000

Yay! I was hoping someone would mention seasoning

Has anyone used this amazing product to make food taste better! Ive been using it to season my boring vegies for years :D

herbamare-uk-250g.png

Its! Well... salt, but not any ordinary salt
I love this stuff. I use it on raw vegetables, hard boiled eggs and more!!

Rylando88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use a lot of nutritional yeast that I buy in Holland & Barrett, adds great flavour to anything!! X

Yay! I was hoping someone would mention seasoning

Has anyone used this amazing product to make food taste better! Ive been using it to season my boring vegies for years :D

herbamare-uk-250g.png

Its! Well... salt, but not any ordinary salt

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Twas mousakka last night and butter chicken tonight, both around 120g carbs, the mousakka came about as it was reduced to 1/2 price :p and the butter chicken was at childs request and it's on offer in M'sons @ £1 a jar all Pataks sauces :)

Reactions: CranberryIce

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A Nandos omelette for me, as in fried chicken in Nandos sauce, shallots, garlic, olives, broccoli, 3 eggs, served with Tilda Firecracker rice and a pot of houmous, around 90g carbs, 6.5u

Pan pic as it became scrambled eggish when served, but still nice :p
photo.JPG

Reactions: LooperCat

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 chicken breasts in a jalfrezi sauce, not one of my better efforts but edible all the same with a bit of extra chilli :p around 105g carbs, mostly complex but the rice portion is smaller to allow for the onion bajis, 7u Humalog

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 326
Reactions: LooperCat

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Off piste tea :) as in a whole reduced cooked chicken with skin off, rice and houmous and veg, lower carb tea at 80g carbs all in, 6.5u Humalog.

A weakness of mine is being fairly unable to pass reduced price food cooked chicken by, didn't work out a bargain tho as the child had reduced price chicken thighs :p

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well, I'm on a two week staycation at the moment, so had a nice big long lie-in till well after noon (which doubled up as a basal test, see, there's always a plus side to being lazy...), then toddled down the road to a local which is getting all "gastro-pubby", and treated myself to one of these little fellas. Not just any Scotch egg, but a venison and black pudding Scotch egg.

Nice crispy crunchy breadcrumby goodness on the outside, proper blackpudding with lots of pinhead oatmeal on the inside, and congrats to the chef for getting that yolk still a bit creamy golden moist. The salad could have done with some chopped red onion and a few pinenuts but I'll let that go. Some tabasco sauce would have been good too on the egg yolk, will have to remember to ask for a bottle from behind the bar next time I have this.

Total guesswork on the carb count, didn't look like either of the pics in Carbs and Cals, so went for the middle ground and added a bit for the blackpudding, called it about 20g, although looking at the trace later probably nearer 30.

20181018_142018.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KK123 and db89

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Three course work event lunch, set menu. Completely guessed carbs (wrong as food was disgusting and I didn't eat what I expected). On train home with a sharing bag of haribo!

Reactions: db89 and kev-w

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Scott-C looks rather nice your charm must be working on the bar maid ;):hilarious:

Lol, Knikki, the Scotch Egg was a different venue from "that" bar, but "that" bar does a damned good Cullen Skink, so next time I'm there I'll know if my charms are working if I get a few extra pieces of haddock with it...

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not just any Scotch egg, but a venison and black pudding Scotch egg.

I turned green with envy looking at it :)

Roast beef for me, with a bit of mash, veg and a couple of Yorkshire puds and mustard, about 85g carbs, 6u Humalog

photo.JPG

Reactions: Knikki

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chipotle beef and veg stew with dauphinoise spuds, 75g carbs all in and 7u as the spuds are in butter, what happened yesterday was that I came across a pack of sliced chilli beef slices, £10.50 reduced to £2.15 so have had two meals from it :) child's away on a sleepover so had a pot noodle much to my disgust :p

photo.JPG

Reactions: Knikki

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
photo.JPG
Carbohydrate exchange, unplanned :) I had some homemade dough in the freezer needing eating up and child wanted pizza, that's what was left and the little slice was mine, but I just couldn't help myself whilst waiting for an omelette to cook in the oven so I ate it ruthlessly and without a second thought, I'll not be having rice with my tea now as my pre bolus has been extended :(

white bread dough, tomato puree, fine chopped garlic and red onion rings, salami, mozzarella cheese olives cheddar cheese, Provencal herbs and very nice, she ate all hers and I left half the crust :)

The white stuff is mozzarella that was waiting to top my omelette.

Reactions: SueJB and therower

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @kev-w . Some tasty looking dishes.
The one thing that really impresses me though is your ability to load the plate. Absolutely love the pics of food right upto the very edge of the plate:).
If they ever give a trophy for maximising plate usage you sir will be the winner.

Reactions: db89

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yet again I've scoffed it before I thought to snap a photo for this thread :rolleyes:

Tonight was strips of pork in a stir fry with peppers, spring onion etc. - came out at 26g carbs only which translated to 2u to assist bringing down a mild excursion from an earlier snack.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd not normally bother with a Sunday dinner but as the child's staying I knocked one up :) around 80g carbs all in, roast pork with a couple of spoons of apple sauce to season, roast spud, mashed spud, instant Yorkshire (fake) puddings, carrots and cauliflower and broccoli cheese with gravy from the juices, water, a drop of sarsons browning and some bisto, and it's bang on :)
photo.JPG

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd not normally bother with a Sunday dinner but as the child's staying I knocked one up :) around 80g carbs all in, roast pork with a couple of spoons of apple sauce to season, roast spud, mashed spud, instant Yorkshire (fake) puddings, carrots and cauliflower and broccoli cheese with gravy from the juices, water, a drop of sarsons browning and some bisto, and it's bang on :)
View attachment 29110

Looks absolutely wonderful Kev! Love a good dinner me.

Now myself all ive posted on here is simple boring vegetable meals, so heres another :D

xyb4Yeq.jpg

Its only smoky chopped spam, with an arrangement of vegetables :woot:

P.s. I know your thread was more of a place to upload your carby meals, hope you don't mind these

Reactions: kev-w