What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it’s not an exact science but can any of you give me a fought, very tough guide my bloods are usually around 6 and I’ve got THE BLOOD TEST coming up shortly, can anyone suggest what a rough translation is from fbg to hba1c
Good luck with your upcoming hba1c test and other results. I know people have found ways of converting average readings to IFCC levels. Mine are not on the same continent never mind post code so good luck. I think trying to predict the IFCC/hba1c level from personal averages has disappointed a few members but it does seem to be a popular parlour game:)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening, Cumberland.

No FBG for me this morning as I'm running out of strips and want them to last 'til my A1C appointment on the 24th. But after a lunch of BBQ chicken and broccoli I tested, because the new Meals on Wheels label says "diabetes" and "low-carb" so I thought I'd test after I ate all but the potatoes and fruit juice! ;)

6.5 an hour after I ate, which is pretty good?

Meals on Wheels are free lunches provided to seniors by local churches. They are frozen, about as good as a typical school lunch, and delivered by very nice people who stay and chat a moment, which is always nice. One brings her daughter, who likes my cat, and each week brings a different stuffed animal for me to meet. :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good evening, Cumberland.

No FBG for me this morning as I'm running out of strips and want them to last 'til my A1C appointment on the 24th. But after a lunch of BBQ chicken and broccoli I tested, because the new Meals on Wheels label says "diabetes" and "low-carb" so I thought I'd test after I ate all but the potatoes and fruit juice! ;)

6.5 an hour after I ate, which is pretty good?

Meals on Wheels are free lunches provided to seniors by local churches. They are frozen, about as good as a typical school lunch, and delivered by very nice people who stay and chat a moment, which is always nice. One brings her daughter, who likes my cat, and each week brings a different stuffed animal for me to meet. :)

Good evening to you

Meals on wheels and a bit of entertainment thrown in best of both worlds

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening to you

Meals on wheels and a bit of entertainment thrown in best of both worlds

Yes, so far I have met a bear, a Westie, a mouse, and my favorite, a hedgehog. And discussed everything from my cat to the mouse's sister to Nova Scotia (my mother's birthplace) to 5K races.

Oh, yes, and xylophones and marimbas. :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning people,a 5.5 this morning after eating a whole spud for tea last night ,I'll take it. Off to the smoke early doors for a weekend of wallet emptying by wife and granddaughter, hope you all have a nice weekend too.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. 6.1 this morning. I've an underlying chest lurgy ( excuse the technical term) its been with me for several weeks now and I hate going to the surgery. In the past I've used an "on line consultant doctor" thing . I know the antibiotic which works for me and it costs a few quid but arrives from some place outside of the UK ... else I could do the precision phoning NHS thing at my surgery , get there , wait up to an hour see someone who doesn't know me from Adam ...oh choices, choices.... gotta love them...have a great day all....

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit gutted about that as I had resisted everything from an afternoon tea at lytham hall at a school reunion yesterday. Took my own salad. Didn't have one morcel of what was on offer! Kebab no pitta for supper. Ahhh that's why....I ate much later than usual. 8pm. Think that must be it. Anyway I'm very proud of myself for resisting temptation.

Today's mission. Trying to get pink concert tickets. Wish me luck!

Happy weekend folks.