Sugar free sweets?

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the Ricola sugar-free sweets which husband eats but they mess up my BG. :( I seem super sensitive to processed carbs now.

yenrug1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Guys!

Are there any good sugar free sweets that I can have? I am addicted to sugar free polos but id like something fruity!

Is there any that anyone can recommend ?

Thanks in advance guys :)
Hi, Werthers do a sugar free candy, I get mine from Tesco.

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Hi, Werthers do a sugar free candy, I get mine from Tesco.
HI , thanks I know I bought some and really liked them, I also found some sugar free marshmallows in Sainsbury's ! They are gorgeous!

Andy 505

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking at these sweets they are all high on carbohydrates although they are sugar free.

Glennis67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the Ricola sugar-free sweets which husband eats but they mess up my BG. :( I seem super sensitive to processed carbs now.

I’m now really sensitive to sugar. I ate a cake the other day and got a histamine reaction. Took antihistamines and it went down!

I also get a reaction to aspartame so I stick to Marks and Spencer sugar free sweets as they don’t have any nasty chemicals in them.

Funny how we get more sensitive! Guess I’ve got to behave myself!!

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Aldi do sugarfree cola sherbets,blackcurrant and liquorice and lemon sherbets,for a quid.

Ribbet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just make sure that you check the carb content of any treats first. There's some that are promoted as 'sugar free' but there's all kinds of other stuff in them that's carb oriented that really just makes them the same as any other sugar filled treat. Even then check BG as well cos sometimes even the very low carb versions cause spikes in some people but not others. I personally go for hard boiled sugar free sweets if I feel the need for those cos they last a while in the mouth, but I must admit that after about 4 or 5 years low carb I really don't crave them much any more so they've become very occasional. Funny how the body changes! If you live in New Zealand then try Kapiti Candy :)

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Aldi do sugarfree cola sherbets,blackcurrant and liquorice and lemon sherbets,for a quid.
Be careful that sweeteners don't cause stomach acid or inflammation (IBS) eating them longterm.