Freestyle libre starter pack, how long is waiting time?

newcamili

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone. I would like to buy freestyle libre starter pack, but I should stand in e-mail list, because I am a new customer. Maybe somebody could answer, how long is waiting time?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @newcamili and welcome to the forum. You don't actually need the starter pack as the Libre sensor can be scanned with a suitable smartphone as long as it has NFC capabilities. What smartphone do you have?

Reactions: Geoffno6

newcamili

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, thank you for your answer:) I have Huawei P9 lite 2017. So I should send freestyle apps in my phone?

Reactions: porl69

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"FreeStyle LibreLink will only work with phones that meet the following minimum requirements:
• Android Operating System 5.0 and higher, Near Field Communication (NFC) capability
• iPhone 7 and higher running iOS 11 and higher
Scan performance varies due to differences in phone hardware and operating systems. The phone/
operating systems in Table 1 have been tested and are recommended for use with FreeStyle
LibreLink and FreeStyle Libre sensors. The phone/operating systems in Table 2 have been tested and
are not recommended for use with FreeStyle LibreLink and FreeStyle Libre sensors.
For phone/operating systems other than those listed, Abbott Diabetes Care has not assessed scan
performance"

DESCRIPTION SMARTPHONE MODEL OPERATING SYSTEM
Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900M, SM-G900i, SM-G900F Android 6.0.1
SM-G900W8 Android 5.0
SM-G900T Android 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy S6
SM-G9208/SS Android 5.1.1
SM-G9209, SM-G920F Android 6.0.1
SM-G920F Android 7.0
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
SM-G935U Android 6.0.1
SM-G935F Android 7.0
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Android 6.0.1
Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Android 7.0
Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F Android 7.0
Huawei Nexus 6P H1511 Android 6.0.1
Google Pixel G-2PW4100 Android 7.1
LG Nexus 5X LG-H791 Android 6.0
Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-6960U1 Android 8.0
Google Pixel 2 G011A Android 8.1.0
Google Pixel 2 XL G011C Android 8.1.0
OnePlus 5T A5010 Android 8.1.0
iPhone 7 A1660 iOS 11.1.1
iPhone 7 Plus A1661 iOS 11.1
iPhone 8 A1863 iOS 11.1.2
iPhone 8 Plus A1864 iOS 11.1.1
iPhone X A1901 iOS 11.2.1

newcamili

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, thank you for your answer. I think I will try to use my phone...maybe it will works..

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Phones not in the compatibility list may are may not work I hope yours works OK only way to find out is to try but could be costly experiment especially if unsuccessful.

newcamili

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am on the waiting list from September... And still nobody invite me..I am using sensors with my phone app, but sometimes I have problem where to buy those sensors. One time BOOTS sold me, second time ask me for prescription:D

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I am on the waiting list from September... And still nobody invite me..I am using sensors with my phone app, but sometimes I have problem where to buy those sensors. One time BOOTS sold me, second time ask me for prescription:D

Yeah I think when I asked my local Boots they said they now only provide them through prescriptions, they don't sell them - the pharmacist showed me the letter they had received from head office saying that.
I get mine from Asda, some get theirs from Superdrug (Asda is cheapest now I believe)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this Brexit stockpiling? Or a permanent change in policy I wonder.

I’ve just bought a phone that’s compatible and was planning on buying the odd one here and there. Doesn’t look like type 2’s will have a hope if even type 1 not on prescription can’t get them.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
My local chemist has a shelf full, check you local chemist or call all your locals, I asked how many I could buy at once and got a look like I was insane, so I bought 5, worth a try