I got the diabetes blues

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is a West Country boy to do..?. (I'm proud to say I am one of them.)

Yep, I knocked it on the head too... Lol, apart from the occaisional "rough" (in these 'ear parts.) dry cider. (Rare.) bolusing with a little carbs as accompaniment... It works fo me. But boy, do I still feel rough come the morning... ;)

Drink sensibly. Especially whilst D...

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know it's my thread sort of so I'm going to bump it cause I like it and thanks to any previous bump your a star @therower

Reactions: therower

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have forwarded it to my friend in my Diabetes Walkie Talky Group as she also likes cider. Thanks for shar

Reactions: Prem51

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, I'm not a west country boy, but I missed beer, and cider in particular, enormously my first year after diagnosis. It is indeed a huge sacrifice to the god/goddess of healthier living with diabetes.

I am lucky that I already loved sparkling dry wine, and as a woman? don't have gender issues with drinking it. 0g of carbs if you get the right one, even not so right ones are only 2g of carbs....

(I have a super masculine brother who also loves the bubbles - if he can do it any man can? :). I should twitter the musician and tell him so? ;):)).

Great clip! Many thanks for posting it. (Even if it has activated my 'oh I miss a good glass of cider' leanings...) (how could running towards it in an open field not? :).)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

sweetbloodsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cilantro, liver, rudeness, cruelty, impatience, prejudice, hatred. kale
Totally cool!!!! I esp. enjoyed the surprise ending. I had a feeling.....

Reactions: JohnEGreen