What kinds of insulin there ?

jnk001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello!
Sorry, but have not had time to answer you before this...
True once again - all artificial Insulins are, as far as I know, more costly.
I don't know the reasons, but only the fast acting (i.e Hypurin Porcine Neutral) is approved. The other I have to get on special licence, but i suppose this will change... I come from Finland.
see if you can get a pump then you only need the neutral - i use the omnipod pump which is bluetooth so no cables just a pod the size of a cockroach that sticks to you and a separate control unit/ blood tester combined

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
see if you can get a pump then you only need the neutral - i use the omnipod pump which is bluetooth so no cables just a pod the size of a cockroach that sticks to you and a separate control unit/ blood tester combined

Also true :), but I'm not too fond of pumps - tried for 2 years, and we never got on too well together...

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So how do you do it in a single dose ?

I suppose your question is more, if it is possible to mix the two different sorts of insulins in one dose - some you can mix, some not. Many of the newer types, are not made to be mixed with another insulin...

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
hi
I suppose your question is more, if it is possible to mix the two different sorts of insulins in one dose - some you can mix, some not. Many of the newer types, are not made to be mixed with another insulin...
As I know actrapid and mixtard Quick effect starts after about half an hour why we need to mixed it

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi

As I know actrapid and mixtard Quick effect starts after about half an hour why we need to mixed it

OK - your statement above is as a matter of fact discussed on this forum here:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/can-i-use-actrapid-with-mixtard-30-70.121472/

and the mixing of those two insulins is a bit dangerous, because mixtard contains fast-acting insulin, and actrapid is a quite fast acting insulin also. This is mentioned in the forum under the link above, and it was "urbanracer" who had some experience of the mixing of them...