Regular moderate exercise log

Geoffno6

Saturday
9am 5k run in 29 mins 58 secs woop woop
11.30 4 mile walk to burn of the 25g carbs I ate to fuel the run
BG over 10 from 8am to 11.30
BG dropped to 8 by midday
Grilled chicken and salad and 2 glasses red wine and 2 hours hard fetching and carrying at 3pm took BG down to 5.5 at 5pm really low for me 26,000 steps

Reactions: Goonergal

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
This is a thread where those of us who are not Ironman-ready or triathletes or any other kind of sports superstar can log our more moderate achievements and encourage each other.

I was a very keen sportswoman when I was younger but have really let it slide and these days all I want to do is make my exercise more regular. I have also spoken to/messaged other women on this forum who have similar intentions but we are a bit overawed by our (wonderful, and mostly male) diabetic overachievers. My own exercise habits go in fits and starts, so I plan to log all my moderate boring stuff here in the hope that writing it down will make me do it more often.

First of all: today I walked briskly for approximately 90 minutes!
:)
Yesterdays exercise, XBX programme level 8, painted a garage door, ( does that count?) walked into town, reasonable pace, to cinema and back again.

Reactions: DJC3

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sunday swimming, the watch says 975m and I'm saying a kilometre as I finished where I started so it's an equal number, or 39 lengths is 975m... in 24 minutes, a few in the swim lane at different speeds saw a couple of collisions but that's not unusual for a Sunday afternoon session, mostly breaststroke but a few crawl lengths thrown in when folk were bunched up.

I enjoyed it :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back at it today. Early morning gym session. Lots of stretching and physio prescribed exercises for knee followed by hip adductor and abductor, leg press, leg raise, calf raise (3 x 10 of each, plus attempted each one at a lower weight with weaker left leg (per physio instructions). Couldn’t move the leg press or one of the hip ones with one leg even with no weights! Also added in lots of crunches/abs work and a few push ups.

Used the body composition scales and was pleasantly surprised to find that my body fat percentage is way lower than on my home scales and my metabolic age is 4 years lower than my real age (I’m claiming 5 as next birthday is less than 3 months away). Given that less than 2 years ago I was close to being morbidly obese with a BMI approaching 40, pretty chuffed with that.

Clocked up 23377 steps across the rest of the day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Sounds like a really good day and the progress is clearly amazing. My day doesn't sound much but effects on bg are very pronounced - just wish I could do more of it. 12k steps - no bigy that one. 1 hr splitting gnarled roots/knotted trunks. That is so much about technique and so satisfying when a really knotted piece start to split and finally ends up as logs - just the best kind of exercise.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Sounds like a really good day and the progress is clearly amazing. My day doesn't sound much but effects on bg are very pronounced - just wish I could do more of it. 12k steps - no bigy that one. 1 hr splitting gnarled roots/knotted trunks. That is so much about technique and so satisfying when a really knotted piece start to split and finally ends up as logs - just the best kind of exercise.

The wood chopping sounds very therapeutic.

Reactions: kev-w

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Ran today for the 1st time. Wasn’t fast and wasn’t pretty. But I did it.

Cranked out 122 miles this week. Rode for the first time out on the road for 18. It was nice to be out in the sun, despite the temps being very cold.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ran today for the 1st time. Wasn’t fast and wasn’t pretty. But I did it.

Cranked out 122 miles this week. Rode for the first time out on the road for 18. It was nice to be out in the sun, despite the temps being very cold.
Hi Jollyman
It was a good start; motivation and then habit.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
squats yesterday, 130kg 5x3, easier getting under the bar but not hitting competition depth so I need to work on it, and as its only four training weeks until my comp, I had better really put the work in.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
squats yesterday, 130kg 5x3, easier getting under the bar but not hitting competition depth so I need to work on it, and as its only four training weeks until my comp, I had better really put the work in.

Take care everyone.
I can just smell the desire to achieve over the net - love that drive. I have played team sports with guys who became internationals - you guys are a very different animal. Quite inspirational when you get up close to someone like that and I am certain you would be the same.

Reactions: johnpol

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Yesterday's efforts caught up with me today - forgot to mention yesterday that my second workout of the day was climbing the Grand Pagoda at Kew Gardens - 9 storeys and 253 steps. That after the gym = very sore leg muscles today!

Have got to 10.5k steps. Hopefully up to more tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will be 15.5k steps today some of which were during the 75 mins lawn mowing. @Goonergal amount of effort should have been a winner rating but sore muscles deserve hugs.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Did 80 sit-ups this morning, and then cranked 12 miles on my bike. Walked at lunchtime, and then after dinner.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Past Me is glad I was prudent and did loads of walking to get ahead of myself.

Current Me is getting antsy at the low (for me) levels of walking which isn't likely to improve in the next couple of weeks or so until after 5th November or so.

Future Me is planning several days of 20 miles walks to get the fidgets out of my system again once I've got my life back to my normal..

Reactions: DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well it was deadlift last night and another horrible one 180kg 4x3 and something is going wrong with my technique, the weight is moving really, really slowly and feels like 300kg!!! I don't know what is wrong but I completed it but only just. My coach said we all have horrible days, here's hoping my bench goes better tonight. And to top it all off a big hypo during the night, haven't had one in a while, just goes to show you how hard these sessions are becoming.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well it was deadlift last night and another horrible one 180kg 4x3 and something is going wrong with my technique, the weight is moving really, really slowly and feels like 300kg!!! I don't know what is wrong but I completed it but only just. My coach said we all have horrible days, here's hoping my bench goes better tonight. And to top it all off a big hypo during the night, haven't had one in a while, just goes to show you how hard these sessions are becoming.

Take care everyone.
@johnpol hug for the typo. @Japes any one of your Mes is fine by us. You are a walker extrordinaire and I love your drive and spirit. GBY

Last edited:
Reactions: kev-w and Japes