Withdrawal From Forum

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had a thought (unusual after only one coffee) but here goes.
I'm guessing that like most forum members I automatically gravitate towards the Recent Posts page when I want to catch up.
Would it be possible to have a "Post a New Thread" button there that would then take you to a drop down menu of which section of the forum you want to post it in? Then we wouldn't have to come out of "rRcent Posts" search and find the forum to post in and start our new post there? Just a thought but I would have thought a relatively easy change to make (maybe .... dunno really)

I'll pass on your feedback, bulkbiker, although the change may be a bit bigger than we might anticipate, due to the added requirement to select the placement of the new thread, into a sub-forum. I have no idea the impact, just speculating.

As I say, I will pass that back.

Reactions: kitedoc and ickihun

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll pass on your feedback, bulkbiker, although the change may be a bit bigger than we might anticipate, due to the added requirement to select the placement of the new thread, into a sub-forum. I have no idea the impact, just speculating.

As I say, I will pass that back.
Many thanks..

Reactions: kitedoc and ickihun

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm guessing that like most forum members I automatically gravitate towards the Recent Posts page when I want to catch up.
Would it be possible to have a "Post a New Thread" button there that would then take you to a drop down menu of which section of the forum you want to post it in? Then we wouldn't have to come out of "rRcent Posts" search and find the forum to post in and start our new post there? Just a thought but I would have thought a relatively easy change to make (maybe .... dunno really)

I like that idea. We do get a lot of newbies asking how to post a thread. It isn't obvious unless you are used to posting on forums.

Reactions: ickihun

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like that idea. We do get a lot of newbies asking how to post a thread. It isn't obvious unless you are used to posting on forums.
I agree, the idea is a good one. But... and this is a big but...not if changing things messes up other areas of the forum. There have been issues in the past where improvements have been made and this has upset other functions. For instance the toggling of type of diabetes as shown below our forum names on our avatars and a while back our 'likes received' were all inflated, roughly doubled, and this wasn't ever able to be put right once it was messed up.

Reactions: kitedoc

jpen

Hi @jpen
Sorry to hear you have had problems .you can always email [email protected] if issues arise.
For a hello message you can post in the greetings and into section or just leap in with a question.

Hi Diakat - thx for reply and apologies for being so late getting back to you - didn't realize I HAD any replies - really I do appear to be quite hopeless at this don't I? <sigh> I started off in the greeting section and could not figure out how to post - so replied here and asked a question... getting there!

Reactions: Diakat

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a new member and I did have a learning curve to climb for the first few times. It took a while before I found the "post new thread" button. I am reading this forum and the information pages every day as I find it SO informative and comforting to know I am not alone, that there are all of you out there struggling with diabetes too. I have seen and read other diabetes forums but I like this one the best because of the quality of the posts.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You see, not complicated at all. I'm glad I'm on wine and not coffee.

I read it again and it's a good idea ......probably.