We are getting a pump!!!!

leggott

Hi, Finally we have been told that my son will get his pump on May 16th!

I know we will have some night time testing to get basal right, but I'm currently getting up at 4am to give him novorapid to stop him waking up too high! And so used to nightime testing anyway.

They both had their HBA1c done today and they were 6.2 and 6.3, so I'm pleased that the relentless pursuit of good blood control has paid off. It also makes my chaotic life of mananging 3 children, 2 of which have type 1, more justified.

I can't believe we are only days away from making our lives a little less stressful!

leggott

Hazza

Thats great news Leggott. I'm sure that life will eventually be much easier for you and your son.

Harry

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
fab news u wont look back once u have it im sure, like u say ur used to waking anyway and used to hard work so shouldnt be a problem for u.

so pleased for u its great news

anna marie

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
leggott, that is fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you. As you know we had similar issues with Jess and I now have a full nights sleep regularly so I'm sure it work out the same for you. Is it the Omnipod that your son will get? Well done on the HbA1c's, those are excellent results.

leggott

Yes Sophia, we are getting the Omnipod. We only tried this one but loved the fact that it was tubeless. The device does stick out a little on his small body, but they are making them 30% smaller at the end of the year with approval for the UK Market, so it will make it less obtrusive.

I am of course a little nervous about moving from MDI, and that the device lives up to our expectations. Having said that, we couldn't go on as we were with getting up numerous times in the night so I'm pretty optimistic that this will be better for us.

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
Thats fantastic news good work
guitar11.gif

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Good for you Leggott. I think there will be some very envious people, as so many people are desperate to get them with worse hba1c's.

You must be very happy, and you must also have fantastic HCP's.....

Hard work initially, and soesn't eliminate the fact that requirements from our bodies vary so much, that basals and bolus's do need to be altered according to needs, but pumps do give so much more than MDI, for children and adults alike.....well done.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Excellent news, also well done with fantastic HBA1c's for TWO children :D

I'm sure once you get used to it it will make the day to day management much easier for you and have well rested nights! :)