Theresa May Misleading People Regarding Glucose Monitor

RogerRam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She replied with a half-truth aka a lie or, in my opinion, worse than a lie since it is misleading & hypocritical. We retired to France & I bought them as soon as I heard about Libré. Since a year ago last June they have been available with an ordonnance/prescription & my control has been the best in 54 years of MDI T1.
Left UK since we could not afford to retire there & detested the environment Cameron was creating. However, the MayBot Sloganista has made it worse. With Brexit uncertainty we do NOT know if we can keep our Cartes Vitale or stay here. Oh well we can always go back to living in our Motorhome.
Really hope it gets better.

Reactions: Prem51

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all ! I have read the criteria's for the libre , both NICE and the CCG for my area,( they ratified on the 5th Oct so it is available) .
I believe i fit the criteria , please dont think im high and mighty but as a retired RGN,RMN ward manager i am used to medical jargonand so cap in hand off i go today to see my DSN and get my px. Im ready for the bs ....im not going anywhere without a fight today. ☺

Morning all ! I have read the criteria's for the libre , both NICE and the CCG for my area,( they ratified on the 5th Oct so it is available) .
I believe i fit the criteria , please dont think im high and mighty but as a retired RGN,RMN ward manager i am used to medical jargonand so cap in hand off i go today to see my DSN and get my px. Im ready for the bs ....im not going anywhere without a fight today. ☺
Well off i went ...HB down again to 52 Couldnt get a px ..
Good luck!
Tell us how you got on.
And, if successful, how you did it.

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, HBA down again to 53 thanks to Libre et al !
Yes i fit the criteria ,
No i couldnt get the px today
Apparently it still has to be decided on where the px can be fullfilled ie hospital pharmacy probably. ( as if they arent busy enough ), anyway the upshot is i am on the libre list and as soon as the px forms come in i'll get a call to collect. Good news so i left graciously.

JohnR127

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Metformin
As a type 2 with a diagnosis in my hospital discharge letter of “do not test” the only thing my GP makes available to me is a once a year HbA1c test.

Since I want to get my HbA1c down I am self funding a meter and after my experience in hospital of constant finger pricks I chose the Libre but only for a single fortnight per month instead of the 26 sensors I would need for a full year.

It’s not too dissimilar from the situation with my artificial leg. I see computerised legs on TV on programmes involving other amputees and they are available on the NHS (in May’s sense) but not if your consultant won’t recommend you. So I’m struggling with a peg leg to walk unaided.

siderise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm afraid it was me that alerted the P.M. about the Freestyle system a couple of years ago when I saw her being interviewed and the subject of her diabetes came up. She did mention about the constant need to finger prick, so I wrote her a letter informing her about the Freestyle system and received a reply from her private secretary informing me that the P.M. was not aware of Freestyle but would look into it. Other than the government insisting that local CCG's make the system available, there's little else they can do. Lets be honest there's no money available in the NHS at the moment for this, is there. Of course you could always stop breast enlargement/reduction surgery, stop IVF treatment and many other non essential procedures.

What is non essential for the one might be essential for the other (Newly diagnosed T2 on IVF treatment).

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
So what you are all saying is Mrs May is a fantastic politician. She gets everything she wants at no cost to her... she lies without being able to be challenged to her lie and ignores you unless close to an election when she will lie to you and promise the world. Wow the only better job is being a royal. Speaking of which Harry has escaped, he is over here making life hell here for normal people (massive traffic jams etc) and hardly anyone is turning up to see him, will one of you UK lot come over here and collect him give, him a whack for running away and make certain he doesn't do it again, oh and we can't afford him and his Mrs that wanders around behind him.
Remember it doesn't matter who you vote for you always end up with a politician.
I think Harry is considerably more honest, ethical and worthwhile than many of recent politicians. Please don't bring unnecessary politics into this forum. You never know, Harry may be prepared to add diabetes to his many charitable ventures.

Reactions: Dodo