Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having problems with the forum yesterday so didn’t post then.
Started with 15 mins on the exercise bike before breakfast which brought bg down to 4.9
30 min brisk walk after lunch
75 mins yoga in the evening.
Just made 10k steps in all

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mondays chest session on a Tuesday, with child in tow, did my 'one armed bandit' stuff for my chest but kept an eye on child as her form on the machines she's allowed to use is poor, and poor form in regards to exercise pulls my chain :) so it was a multi tasking session and not particularly tiring.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Back in the pool tonight. Really enjoyed it but frustrated by foot cramps which curtailed swim at 36 lengths. Foot actually felt as though it might cramp before I left home, so did some extra exercises. Guess it was good to get to that number of lengths in the circumstances.

Step count 11997.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stayed home on nursing duties today but not feeling great myself. Amazingly I will have 9k steps and 25 mins on exercise bike. Not special but maybe not totally sedentary.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 mins on the exercise bike before breakfast. A 30 min brisk walk after lunch and a set of resistance type exercises this evening.
Just about made the 10k steps.

@Goonergal sorry to hear you are still getting cramps. What’s your next plan of action to get to the. Bottom of them?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal sorry to hear you are still getting cramps. What’s your next plan of action to get to the. Bottom of them?

Thanks for asking. Suspect today may have been a bit of dehydration - hardly time to breath at work so not getting as much water as I should. Will just focus on hydration and taking in enough electrolytes for now. Night cramps are much better so overall I think improving.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night 120kg 5x2 and it felt ok, and after Monday nights horrible deadlifts I'm happy that at least one of my lifts is progressing. just means I will have to work harder is all.

Take care everyone.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
New to this exercise lark really, but at the age of 60, I have procured a road bike and the services of a British Cycling coach, to complete a local cycle sportive of 58 miles next May. As weather here is awful at present I have managed 2 x 40-45 minute sessions of zone building training this week so far, on the turbo trainer in my shed.........I haven't been out on the bike properly yet!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New to this exercise lark really, but at the age of 60, I have procured a road bike and the services of a British Cycling coach, to complete a local cycle sportive of 58 miles next May. As weather here is awful at present I have managed 2 x 40-45 minute sessions of zone building training this week so far, on the turbo trainer in my shed.........I haven't been out on the bike properly yet!!

Great stuff @Zilsniggy very impressive

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 mins on the exercise bike before breakfast. 20 mins brisk walk after breakfast.
1 hr Aquafit at lunchtime.
Leisurely stroll late afternoon. Just made 10k steps in all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Gym visit this evening which confirmed why I prefer going at the crack of dawn - so much more pleasant when I have the place to myself in the wee hours.

Stretching, crunches, step ups onto the blue box, physio prescribed exercises, push ups and some weights - 10x3 each on leg press, calf press, leg extension, hip adductor and abductor, seated dip.

14487 steps.

Very early start and a long day tomorrow - up to Middlesbrough for meetings. Hoping the exercise will lead to sound sleep.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well it was squats last night, and I worked upto my opening lift of 125kg, and I worked at it until I hit competition depth and I will keep working at it so on the comp day its there. Pleased with myself as its only the third time in the 120kg club for a long time.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A decent swim for me this evening, pleasing and annoying as I over counted lengths and stopped when I thought I'd reached 80 but was 6 [insert rude word] lengths short, didn't get to the gym as child said she was tired so didn't want to come :)

Oct 252018
Lap Swimming
1,850 m Distance
48:10 Time
2:36 min/100m Avg Pace.

Pleased with that but really want to be up at 2km....

Geoffno6

Just done a pre breakfast 4 mile run around the streets of Hannovers suburbs. I did over 1,000,000 steps yesterday according to my Fitbit
I started Strava while walking around Heathrow, went into airplane mode when I got on the plane, it then assumed I’d walked the 480km at 202mph when I went off airplane mode
Typing this while eating a nice German, egg, meat, cheeses and black coffee breakfast :)

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

Geoffno6

A decent swim for me this evening, pleasing and annoying as I over counted lengths and stopped when I thought I'd reached 80 but was 6 [insert rude word] lengths short, didn't get to the gym as child said she was tired so didn't want to come :)

Oct 252018
Lap Swimming
1,850 m Distance
48:10 Time
2:36 min/100m Avg Pace.

Pleased with that but really want to be up at 2km....

Hmmm 74 lengths just isn’t good enough.
I love how we set targets then are devastated when we’re tricked by something into missing them.

Geoffno6

Just a step total (and 40 mins lawn mowing including ditch sides) today. 14.5k steps. I really don't know if that is any good but must be better than not doing it I suppose.

My guess is that 14,500 steps is probably double the UK average, but you’d probably be a relative couch potato if you lived in East Africa. How’s the body mechanics today?

Geoffno6

Evening all. Gym visit this evening which confirmed why I prefer going at the crack of dawn - so much more pleasant when I have the place to myself in the wee hours.

Stretching, crunches, step ups onto the blue box, physio prescribed exercises, push ups and some weights - 10x3 each on leg press, calf press, leg extension, hip adductor and abductor, seated dip.

14487 steps.

Very early start and a long day tomorrow - up to Middlesbrough for meetings. Hoping the exercise will lead to sound sleep.

Well done you!!

Reactions: ianpspurs