Type 2 Cake makers and icing sugar. Does it affect blood sugars

midiansangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people instantly assume that all T2's brought the condition on themselves!
Hi all, I bake cakes, I don't eat cake, but I bake a lot.
Powdered sugar or icing sugar is a big part of what I use.
Can inadvertently breathing in the icing sugar dust that floats about when baking have an impact in blood sugar levels?
I know this might sound like a ridiculous question, but I genuinely need help with this.
Blood review was not good again today. Diet and exercise is perfect and this is the only thing I can think that might affect my levels.

D

Deleted Account

I imagine it depends on how much icing sugar and for how long.
We are all very different and react differently to different carbs.
Therefore, the best way to tell is to test before and after icing to see what happens to you.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can inadvertently breathing in the icing sugar dust that floats about when baking have an impact in blood sugar levels?
I know this might sound like a ridiculous question, but I genuinely need help with this.
Blood review was not good again today. Diet and exercise is perfect and this is the only thing I can think that might affect my levels.
What's your diet and what was the HBA1c?

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bake a lot too and haven’t noticed a difference. Just don’t sample!!

midiansangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I imagine it depends on how much icing sugar and for how long.
We are all very different and react differently to different carbs.
Therefore, the best way to tell is to test before and after icing to see what happens to you.

You know, I didn't even think of that (if the was a facepalm emoji, I'd be using it about now)
Thank you

Reactions: Kim Possible

midiansangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What's your diet and what was the HBA1c?

I have a low carb vegetarian diet and my HBA1c has not been doing so good. Needing to check everything so I can help myself

midiansangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I bake a lot too and haven’t noticed a difference. Just don’t sample!!
I have a sampler because I hate cake, with a passion.
I'm glad you haven't noticed a change. Maybe I'm grasping at straws working out every little change so I can help myself.
Cheers for replying, maybe it's the same for me. Hopefully. Or maybe a dust mask

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do carry on baking if you love it (I couldn't unless I wore boxing gloves to stop me licking my fingers..!). Unless you are sticking out your tongue to catch that sugar dust, I doubt this is the problem.
Re blood review, I'd go back to basics because something in your diet/lifestyle is not working for you. There will be some ideas here that you can think about if you are willing to share what you consider to be your perfect diet/exercise lifestyle and are open to the possibility of doing something different...

midiansangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Do carry on baking if you love it (I couldn't unless I wore boxing gloves to stop me licking my fingers..!). Unless you are sticking out your tongue to catch that sugar dust, I doubt this is the problem.
Re blood review, I'd go back to basics because something in your diet/lifestyle is not working for you. There will be some ideas here that you can think about if you are willing to share what you consider to be your perfect diet/exercise lifestyle and are open to the possibility of doing something different...
Adore cake art, but hate cake
I'll get this sorted, I think, just get annoyed as I feel I can't possibly do any more to help myself.
Excellent diet and pretty active. But I might take your advice and check out something totally new for me

midiansangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Other things would be hormonal changes, illness, stress and weight gain?
Hormones? Hormone changes can do that? I am "of a certain age"
Allrighty then, time to step it up a notch and make even more changes. Could be fun

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry about that... on the plus side eating loads of plants, lovely fats and exercising should help all of those other symptoms.....