Having trouble drop off to sleep?

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well according to google..

"The fact that blinking eyes rapidly for 1 or 2 minutes helps falling asleep faster is due to the basic muscle nature. ... Same things happens with blinking eye rapidly. When you blink eyes, the muscles accompanying blinking get tired. So with your muscles exhausted, it helps you to fall asleep faster."

I tried this last night and I have to say I think it really did help! A true test will be one of those nights my blood sugars aren't right and I'm anxious and my mind is racing. However, it does require a surprising amount of concentration to blink lots and count at the same time...

Reactions: Robinredbreast

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Blinkety Blink!
Great post but badly timed unless you are in Australia....yawn.
From Oz, only just re-awoken and no peace from up in the Northern Hemisphere, blink. But then I was up to 3 am Oz time this morning. Night owls of the world unite !!

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Watching the umpteenth repeat of any episode of QI works a treat for me, I can and do fall asleep within a few minutes. It would help if I was in bed at the time.

Reactions: Concordjan

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Blinking eck!

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I'm from "up north" and I do use that expression from time to time...

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Blinking eck!

I did try this last night, but my eye's felt very dry and 'scratchy' afterwards and with all that exercise I awoke on a 2.4, a headache too, before bed 6.7 and I feel like I have been hit by a bus. So enjoying a nice cup of tea before the day really starts...............:rolleyes: Always good to try new things that could possibly help :)

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did try this last night, but my eye's felt very dry and 'scratchy' afterwards and with all that exercise I awoke on a 2.4, a headache too, before bed 6.7 and I feel like I have been hit by a bus. So enjoying a nice cup of tea before the day really starts...............:rolleyes: Always good to try new things that could possibly help :)

Shame it didn't work for you but yeah it's always good to try different things.. Hate waking in the middle of the night going low but at least it woke you.. I'm hoping the blinking will strengthen my eye muscles which are weak due to having severe tunnel vision after diabetes retinopathy and lots of laser and ops.. maybe kill two birds with one stone lol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lying on my back, as relaxed as possible, I think of a pure white horse standing on top of a bare hill. No trees or vegetation. The horse has no tail. That works for me, always.

Reactions: ThePenguinPimp

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lying on my back, as relaxed as possible, I think of a pure white horse standing on top of a bare hill. No trees or vegetation. The horse has no tail. That works for me, always.

I'm incorporating this into my furiously blinking for a couple mins lol