Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@bassamaklan Green zone? You are definitely in the pink with that number. I, however, am suffering with 5.6 for not understanding what the letters S H E R R Y actually mean (sherry and mustard sauce with pheasant sounded great till I suddenly "cottoned on") :arghh:
Okkk I just cottoned on too.
So SHERRY is an anagram of H-Y-E-R-R..S (Where S is for Sugar).;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Okkk I just cottoned on too.
So SHERRY is an anagram of H-Y-E-R-R..S (Where S is for Sugar).;)
May just be code for "that new pot of strips appear to have an impish sense of humour." BTW you are rapidly becoming essential reading for me.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.2 sometime before 07.30

Reactions: bigjim19

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used some defrosted roasting beef I had in freezer, chopped up some potato, carrots, swede and turnip, put some frozen beef stock and a sachet of 'Beef Casserole' mix in and put it on low for 24 hours expecting the beef to come out really tender.
But it was tough, and didn't taste good at all. I should look up a recipe next time.
It was first time I had used the slow cooker for months.
I used some defrosted roasting beef I had in freezer, chopped up some potato, carrots, swede and turnip, put some frozen beef stock and a sachet of 'Beef Casserole' mix in and put it on low for 24 hours expecting the beef to come out really tender.
But it was tough, and didn't taste good at all. I should look up a recipe next time.
It was first time I had used the slow cooker for months.
I also made a disaster sunday... followed a hairy bikers recipe...skinny beef lasagne ..leeks instead of pasta sheets
seemed to take forever to prepare i did think there was too much liquid in it but followed said directions..
tasted okay but came out more like a stew! never mind in the old days i would reheat it with some dumplings in it
[ sigh ! ]

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm with you @ianpspurs on the new pot of strips thing( unless my body hasn't caught up with the clocks yet!)! 6.4 @ 07.43 today :bag::arghh::(
Well I won't be reading for the next couple of weeks: it's our Wedding Anniversary at the end of the week & we're off to Cyprus to celebrate our 44 years the day after tomorrow!:):snaphappy::happy::D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm with you @ianpspurs on the new pot of strips thing( unless my body hasn't caught up with the clocks yet!)! 6.4 @ 07.43 today :bag::arghh::(
Well I won't be reading for the next couple of weeks: it's our Wedding Anniversary at the end of the week & we're off to Cyprus to celebrate our 44 years the day after tomorrow!:):snaphappy::happy::D
Happy anniversary when it comes, We were in Cyprus about this time last year. Loved eating breakfast outside in shorts and gym top then sunbathing all day while thinking of the cold back home. Have a great time.