Carb counting whats next ?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
MegaMan said:
Next week is my carb counting course 8th march. Unfortunately I have caught a nasty bug. I tried to beat it but I was fighting a losing battle so my CF nurse come out on Monday and set me on some intravenous antibiotics, which my dad is helping me with. But I'm sure next week I will be well enough to attend the course even if I just sit in the corner very quiet. Thanks for all the information and encouragement I will go into the course with an open mind willing to take on board what they have to teach. So my next log :mrgreen: will be how it all went.

I hope you do get better enough to go,it'd be a shame to miss it. I really think you'll benefit just from talking with other people, even if it is from the corner! :)

Let us know how it goes!

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
Unfortunately I was unable to attend the course on the 8th of march but have gone to todays course the 5th April there isn’t really much to say, did I learn anything well not really, was it worth going yes if only to get me a step closer to getting a pump. Normally you would have to wait 6 weeks for part 2 but I was told I could go on 19th of April because I know what I’m doing. 1 step closer
36_2_36.gif

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope you get your pump soon MegaMan! :)

Nigel

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
just another update:

I did REACT part 2 a week or so ago and it all went great. I've seen the nurse today and she said right from the start I'd put a lot of work into everything I've done I listen to what they had to say and took it on board. Today she showed me the pump it's the Accu-Chek® Combo System looks very nice. I was also told that I will have to sign a contract which in a nutshell says if I don’t attend any clinic appointment once I receive the pump i.e do a runner :D they will take the pump off me, everyone has to sign this who gets a pump at this hospital, I don't have a problem with that and think it’s actually a very good idea getting people to sign such a contract. Tomorrow they should be ringing me to tell me if I'm getting a pump or not. :mrgreen:

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
MegaMan said:
just another update:

I did REACT part 2 a week or so ago and it all went great. I've seen the nurse today and she said right from the start I'd put a lot of work into everything I've done I listen to what they had to say and took it on board. Today she showed me the pump it's the Accu-Chek® Combo System looks very nice. I was also told that I will have to sign a contract which in a nutshell says if I don’t attend any clinic appointment once I receive the pump i.e do a runner :D they will take the pump off me, everyone has to sign this who gets a pump at this hospital, I don't have a problem with that and think it’s actually a very good idea getting people to sign such a contract. Tomorrow they should be ringing me to tell me if I'm getting a pump or not. :mrgreen:

Hi,

that's the pump i use! and i absolutely love it :) and i hope they do give you one, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I never had to sign a contract but i have been told that if it starts to appear i'm not using the pump how i should and they deem it no longer benefits me then it will be taken away, which i agree is fair. Why should someone have a pump and not use it properly when someone else could be using it to have better health and life :)

Good luck, let us know what happens :)

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The team e-mailed me around 5:00pm today. They said they had a meeting today and they all agree that I can have a pump
guitar11.gif
I should be pumping in July

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Great news megaman........hope everything works out well for you in the future. :)