any diabetic suffer from this problem

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
has anyone ever suffered any condition where your body not proccesing sugar not rasing after consuming simple sugars ?. iv been suffering from this problem for a while just want to see if anyone else suffering from a problem like this.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think with gastropareses you absorb food much slower, but I really don't know much about that.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i guess i might have some other condition as i aint really heard of other diabetics getting the symptoms i have i just feel really down doctors are not very helpful all feel as theres no light at end of tunnel some how i think it might not be diabetes related becuase i suffer from so many odd/wierd problems such as never feel hungry what so ever it suddenly happened woke up one day . body not dumping glucose with no basal insulin has tested so many times even document my blood sugar no rise in levels when i miss it. tbh i never smoke drink or take drugs from liver and kidney side doctor saying they are good. i think all the problem maybe somthing else. maybe could be to do with the brain or somthing not functioning within body right that could be causin this all

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @static192, What is your insulin regime? And how do you fare overnight with BSLs if you skip your basal insulin?
For how long after a meal of simple sugars and no basal to you test your BSLs ? 2 hours, ?3, ?4 etc.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey kite doc im on novorapid and levemir example i miss my basal at night let say sugar is 8mmol it will remain at 8mmol next day and through out day if i dont eat. if i have somthing that has simple sugar i test a hour or 30mins and 2hours see i have done this repeatdly via finger prick and checked on cgm

Last edited:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
So what happens if you go low??