What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Rudely awoken at 3.30am with leg cramps. Got up, donned disposable gloves (sensitive skin on hands), applied magnesium oil, took supplements forgotten last night as eating away from home, drank glass of water and then optimistically went back to bed! It really was asking too much to fall back to sleep so up again just after 4. Still cramping so showered and more oil applied.

Oh and FBG a surprising 4.5.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 at 0500

We have entered the Twilight Zone...
Last night at 1830 I fell off the wagon, I had a piece of battered cod. I knew I'd have to pay the price so 2 hours later took my bloods and 6.3. 'Oh well', I thought, it will be slow to react so at 2100 took them again and 5.8. Went to bed and thought I'd awake to at least a 7.0 but no.

I admit I have no idea but have a great day anyway :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at 5am couldn't sleep in...wide awake bright & early for my review so looking forward to that:yuck::yuck::yuck:...at least it's an early appointment...woke to a 5.9 surprising since I did succumb to the odd treat from the Halloween tub..

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Rudely awoken at 3.30am with leg cramps. Got up, donned disposable gloves (sensitive skin on hands), applied magnesium oil, took supplements forgotten last night as eating away from home, drank glass of water and then optimistically went back to bed! It really was asking too much to fall back to sleep so up again just after 4. Still cramping so showered and more oil applied.

Sending Hugs goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet, misty and 5.3 so nothing much going for it just now. Exactly a year ago we were boarding a plane for a week of sun, pool, gym and champagne for breakfast in Cyprus - because I don't like this season. Today Julie is at this moment taking 88 - nearly 89 - year old MIL for a knee replacement or we would be there again. MIL seems totally oblivious to the dangers even though in the prep we discovered she has AF and had a small stroke she forgot. Julie is only surviving daughter and does the worrying for her mum. Tough old girl MIL, both hip replacements replaced in last 4 years now this - don't seem to make them like that these days.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hope you are ok.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh b***r that GG you have my utmost sympathy...cramp & lack of sleep you must have some stamina to get through your working day...hold on almost the weekend...then hopefully some rest & relation.