Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant, well done x

Thanks, I’m chuffed to bits - it’s just because I skipped dinner last night. I went out for lunch and wasn’t hungry by our usual meal time so decided not to have anything at all, even though I got hungry later I thought it was too late to be eating by then.
It has made me think a bit more about IF

Hope your strips arrive today, it’s frustrating not knowing isn’t it?

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I’m chuffed to bits - it’s just because I skipped dinner last night. I went out for lunch and wasn’t hungry by our usual meal time so decided not to have anything at all, even though I got hungry later I thought it was too late to be eating by then.
It has made me think a bit more about IF

Hope your strips arrive today, it’s frustrating not knowing isn’t it?
Hi
My Dr. allowed me to have 2 boxes on a repeat prescription (= 100 strips) as record 's showing how many times I test myself plus diet and exercises. It was my request at the first place.

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
It was 14.2 this morning. At least it's not as bad as yesterday's. I had a bucket of coffee for breakfast, and I've been drinking water at work. BS is now 11.7 - almost 4 hours later since the morning reading. To help with keeping the carbs down to minimum, I've opted for the meal replacement shake that's low carb and high protein. At least if I do this, I don't have to think about what to have for lunch anymore - win win situation. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 14.2 this morning. At least it's not as bad as yesterday's. I had a bucket of coffee for breakfast, and I've been drinking water at work. BS is now 11.7 - almost 4 hours later since the morning reading. To help with keeping the carbs down to minimum, I've opted for the meal replacement shake that's low carb and high protein. At least if I do this, I don't have to think about what to have for lunch anymore - win win situation. :)

If you eat like bacon and eggs , or avocado with taco sauce or ham and cheese for breakfast which are foods almost without any carbs. then it is much easier to keep carbs low the rest og your Day , just an idea , Meat and fish are almost without carbs , I often eat cheese sticks or salmon pate for meals in between or nuts especially macadamia and peanuts which are very low in carbs so you have a choice instead of starving

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
My Dr. allowed me to have 2 boxes on a repeat prescription (= 100 strips) as record 's showing how many times I test myself plus diet and exercises. It was my request at the first place.

That’s impressive. My Dr doesn’t think I should be testing!

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Good evening all 10.3 @ 18:17 I'm not very happy with my self :-( Maybe
tomorrow morning I will go for nice bike ride and I hope I will feel better with my self :)

Last edited: