Hi I have only just joined.

mrs W

Hi, I was diagnosed type 2 about 2 years ago now, was put on a high dose of gliclazide +metformin when I came out of hospital, I continued with them for quite a while dispite forever having bad stomach problems, then took myself off them altogether, I know some will think it was a stupid thing to do, but I was so fed up of not daring to go out because of having a bad stomach that I thought this isnt life, I would rather take the risks and not take the tablets. I told my gp what I had decided and she said they would keep a close check on my sugar levels and they have been fine, normally around 5, but just lately I am having big problems with my sugar dropping too low, yesterday in town I felt weird, felt maybe my sugar was too low so drank some lucozade, then when I got home I checked my sugar and it was 2.8! I just cant understand why its dropping too low when I am not on any medication. anyone have any ideas ?

C

catherinecherub

Hi Mrs W and a warm welcome to the forum.

Anyone can experience low blood sugars, diabetic or not and it is generally related to what you have or have not eaten.

I am sure you will get more answers to your problem.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi welcome mrs
have you possibly been under doing the food intake or even been more active because you can get out and about now? it may be that you just need to tweek your diet before your drop in BG's :D
Hope this helps JF. :wink:

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Mrs W and welcome. :)

It would help us to help you if you could tell us what your normal diet is.

mrs W

Hi everyone and thank you for the welcome and for your replies. I actually went to the drs today and discussed the problem with him and just as you have all suspected, he too suspected it was too do with diet and excersize and tho it wasnt obvious to me, once its been spoken It becomes very obvious and you wonder why you didnt realise! Yes, it will be both diet and excersize, I have taken in a rescue dog a few months ago, a little jack russell terrier and I walk him for 2 hours a day so of course my excersize has increased, plus.....because of my IBS I have only in the last couple of weeks decided to stop eating proper meals and just generally eat snacks to see if that helps, so yes that would be the reason for the low bs, my big mistake was believing that if you were not on medication you couldnt have hypo's. I am gonna have to try harder with my food, I do find it very easy to forget to eat at regular intervals.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
you might forget a few odd things along the way but most importantly you don't have to worry thats the main thing.
JF 8)