Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today. Skipped dinner last night again.
Can’t imagine how you’ve managed a 7 day fast @eddie07 .Your weight seems very low, are you still trying to lose?
Target was 60 kilos but seem to have stalled at 61 kilos. This experiment was not solely about losing weight but about how I personally would be able to handle an extended period of fasting.

I suppose given my age and unhealthy lifestyle for so many years I should be content with the current weight.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Target was 60 kilos but seem to have stalled at 61 kilos. This experiment was not solely about losing weight but about how I personally would be able to handle an extended period of fasting.

I suppose given my age and unhealthy lifestyle for so many years I should be content with the current weight.
Just run that through the BMI calculator and converter. At my height somewhere below 18 BMI so I really hope you are shorter

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! A 5.5 for me too at 0815! Yay!!
I might be yayying undeservedly though. I've noticed my bgs have been lower over the last couple of days - since I started a new tub of strips. So they might be reading lower, or the last tub might have been reading higher. I suppose I need to use the test solution, or put a new cassette in my Accuchek Mobile to crosscheck.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@brassyblonde900 where would one purchase cameroun pepper? our local co-op dont seem to have heard of it!....mind you ..theyve only just started stocking garlic so im not suprised.....
If you live in or near any big city they sell them in Nigerian, food shops. (don't buy the ground ones, Get whole and grind in a spice mill or add whole to cooking)
Just ask for cameroun pepper. The stuff is awesome. Its smoked and adds a real smoky flavour to food, plus you use a third of your usual amount, its very potent.

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all another 7.5 for me this morning:) Sciatica a lot better so should see numbers drop down:happy: Great results from cholesterol test and Dr and Dn not trying to push statins again. They are still amazed at how my way of eating is producing such great results.:happy::singing: Have a great and safe weekend everyone.:wacky:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9@ 06:01AM
Blame the ham ... the 'too much of a good thing' type of eating I indulged in, shall not be mentioned.
Just blame the ham :angelic:
It did not need to taste so guuud:dead:
Gosh!! Ginger Rogers - Fred Astaire
(yeah! food and I have form).
I'm still grateful.
Proper check your privilege post young lady. 4.9, ham - when I were a diabetic we dreamed of 4.9s and ham .... you try telling that to LC puritans today:angelic:
Ouch @walnut_face - had that once or twice, way more painful than broken limbs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 10.2 this morning.
Welcome @S18. How long have you been testing - do you know if that is normal for you (or Norfolk) high or low? I will tag @daisy1 to welcome you properly. Stick around, post plenty and follow the posts and it will all be as clear as mud:angelic:

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

5.1 yesterday morning (forgot to test when I got up so this was an hour later after not such a good nights sleep), and 4.3 today.