What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all today is quite a special day for me it is my transplant anniversary on Tuesday but we are celebrating tonight by going to my aunts house she is making a big roast turkey dinner and decorating the kitchen for us all to have dinner in so I’m looking forward to that BG was 5.1 today

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
:)
Morning all today is quite a special day for me it is my transplant anniversary on Tuesday but we are celebrating tonight by going to my aunts house she is making a big roast turkey dinner and decorating the kitchen for us all to have dinner in so I’m looking forward to that BG was 5.1 today
Happy transplant day for Tuesday rather like a second birthday I would think.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.4 this morning. Can't seem to get below 7:banghead: but an improvement on my last fbs of 8.5. In quite a bit of pain so planning to have a rest today after a busy few days. Enjoy your Sunday one and all. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 for me today. Late on parade because youngest son home briefly and sent him back to Bath with a full tummy and lots of meals for his freezer. Had a nice day yesterday relaxed cooking in my kitchen for son and us. Started my Christmas cakes by soaking fruit in 2 glasses of brandy so it should be drunk enough to mix on Monday.
@Chronicle_Cat enjoyed reading about your cats. We have two rescue girls Bobbie and Daisy both aged 6 who are so different in character but get along fine. I missed them when I was away, well I have to have something to mother.
@Ziggy2017 enjoy your celebratory meal, Tues is quite an important anniversary.
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. I had a proper lie in today...ahhh. Yesterday with less than 2 hours of deep sleep, my fasting levels were 5.7 last night with 6 hrs 31 mins of deep sleep I get 5.8 . Hey ho . I'm off to the beach hut and making coffee and saying hello to the random dogs who come buy and say hello and try to check out where I keep the biscuits. Have a good day all

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hello. Your friendly goldfish has returned from Lisbon in one piece. Thought I could get away with a couple of naughty treats while I was there (the custard tarts were very nice).
My meter was missing me and now it’s being unkind.
6.8 this morning. Will soon get that down again

Hope you are all ok.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello. Your friendly goldfish has returned from Lisbon in one piece. Thought I could get away with a couple of naughty treats while I was there (the custard tarts were very nice).
My meter was missing me and now it’s being unkind.
6.8 this morning. Will soon get that down again

Hope you are all ok.
Good to hear from you again. You survived, Lisbon survived so no harm done. What goes on Lisbon stays on Lisbon:angelic:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon...no test earlier up late & had to get stuck into tidying the house for arrival of guests...I would do one now but I'm covered in coal dust after cleaning out the fire grate ready for more guests later...wow...just call me Cinders...had to make a hard decision this morning one I'd been wrestling with for several weeks...it's done now & the relief when you know it's the right decision is palpable.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chronicle_Cat thanks for posting about your kitties. I enjoyed reading about them. 40-some years ago I had an almost-all black cat who meowed like a Siamese. One of his grandfathers was a Siamese, so I'm wondering if maybe your Sheena had a Siamese grandparent. Sometimes part-Siamese kitties are all or nearly all black.

@DJC3 I'm sorry to hear about your dog. But I'm happy for Maggie and for you.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 hurrah!

@Chronicle_Cat and @SaskiaKC your cats sound fab. I didn’t realise they all had such different characters. We are new to the world of cats having just seemingly adopted our next door neighbour’s. Our dog died a couple of months ago, at the same time as the neighbours bought a puppy so their cat Maggie decided to live with us instead - a situation we are all happy with.

My husband and I joke about their "purr-sonalities". I know most of the more intelligent animals have very distinctive personalities. My mom who grew up on a farm told me that horses have as much individuality as dogs and cats, then dairy cows a bit less, sheep even a bit less (except for a ram who was bottle fed and kept wanting to come in the house because he thought he was human) and chickens even less than sheep.

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chronicle_Cat thanks for posting about your kitties. I enjoyed reading about them. 40-some years ago I had an almost-all black cat who meowed like a Siamese. One of his grandfathers was a Siamese, so I'm wondering if maybe your Sheena had a Siamese grandparent. Sometimes part-Siamese kitties are all or nearly all black.

We have wondered that ourselves. I've been asked by people who've never met her but heard her meowing over the phone if she is Siamese.

Last edited: