Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Sunday everyone, very wet and dark here today :arghh:
6.1 for me, I did eat all of my indian tikka masala last night and an onion bhaji plus I was woken by the weather so I can’t complain.
I do however need to get back in the game, I’ve been fairly controlled regards carbs but maybe not so good with actual quantities of food, today the scales show post holiday weight gain :banghead: however I don’t feel like I’ve put on weight nor do my clothes feel tighter, it all baffles the hell out of me!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Happy Sunday everyone, very wet and dark here today :arghh:
6.1 for me, I did eat all of my indian tikka masala last night and an onion bhaji plus I was woken by the weather so I can’t complain.
I do however need to get back in the game, I’ve been fairly controlled regards carbs but maybe not so good with actual quantities of food, today the scales show post holiday weight gain :banghead: however I don’t feel like I’ve put on weight nor do my clothes feel tighter, it all baffles the hell out of me!
Do you not have a body composition scale, as you may be adding lean muscle.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you not have a body composition scale, as you may be adding lean muscle.
Hi, no I don’t but I did wonder if this is what was happening. Despite the fact that I’ve been away and been a little bit more relaxed with food choices, the same thing was apparent before I went away, I’d been maintaining good control but not dropping any weight but clothes not feeling any tighter.

Reactions: Prem51

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning ... dark outside its a 4.7 @ 0520 same as sunday...yesterday i treated myself to a no carb breakfast in a cafe and two hours after the reading was 4.3..... that s the lowest post prandial since three weeks into the moseley diet when my diabetic nurse paniced me into stopping incase of hypos ..i think i had lost about 10 kilos my urine was full of ketones...

Last edited: