Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
All the best BB. Though I almost did a 'Tut!' with the no excercise bit ;)

Reactions: bulkbiker

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tempted to join in, but timing not right.
Wish you luck @bulkbiker. Will be following with interest.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just did second test so after only tea and coffee (lacto free milk and cream, although less than usual) got blood sugar at 4.2 and ketones at 1.4 so down and up from this mornings readings. Now having a coffee with a full tablespoon of cream which is much nicer than a teaspoon but will try again with the teaspoon tomorrow. Am keeping out of the kitchen while hubs does his Charlie Bighams chicken and mushroom pie with stir fried cabbage!

Reactions: DreadCaptRoberts

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just did second test so after only tea and coffee (lacto free milk and cream, although less than usual) got blood sugar at 4.2 and ketones at 1.4 so down and up from this mornings readings. Now having a coffee with a full tablespoon of cream which is much nicer than a teaspoon but will try again with the teaspoon tomorrow. Am keeping out of the kitchen while hubs does his Charlie Bighams chicken and mushroom pie with stir fried cabbage!
Great result keep it up especially your ketone levels on day one.
Have just had spicy fried cabbage for dinner.
Enjoyed it.

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, this is something I really can’t imagine doing. I can’t manage that well when I skip just one meal o_O But I really admire your resolve and hope it goes well for you!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so evening update before bed

BS 4.5
Ketones 1.9

Today's total intake

Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 23.19.32.png

Not sure about the reduced cream in the coffee.. the last two were much nicer.. with three times the amount..

Slight twinges of hunger now and slightly cold feet but ok overall... allegedly walked 2 1/2 miles with 5,120 steps but forgot to take phone just now when walking the dog pre bedtime..sweet dreams all weigh in tomorrow morning..exciting...

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so evening update before bed

BS 4.5
Ketones 1.9

Today's total intake

View attachment 29338

Not sure about the reduced cream in the coffee.. the last two were much nicer.. with three times the amount..

Slight twinges of hunger now and slightly cold feet but ok overall... allegedly walked 2 1/2 miles with 5,120 steps but forgot to take phone just now when walking the dog pre bedtime..sweet dreams all weigh in tomorrow morning..exciting...
Great start to day 1 into your long fast.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers.. start of day 2

FBG 4.2!
Weight 207.2 so 1.6 pounds down from yesterday
Body fat 27.6% this number never does what I expect it to.
Visceral Fat still 12
BMI 28.1
Ketones 2.0

Woke up once in the night at 2:39..no idea why and fell back to sleep after about a minute
Today I'm going for zero cals so just black tea/coffee and water. Might not manage it but will give it a go..
Not hungry at the mo..
Have a great day!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker re cream in coffee- I’ve been trying to reduce too, (just so Ican have more coffee in the day without using a whole pot of cream really) I’ve got down to 2teasps per large mug but, like you, find that less is definitely not more.
My daughter drinks it black - she just decided to stop any sort of whitener and went cold turkey and now can’t bear the thought of anything in it.
I just enjoy the cream too much - one of life’s small plasures.

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers.. start of day 2

FBG 4.2!
Weight 207.2 so 1.6 pounds down from yesterday
Body fat 27.6% this number never does what I expect it to.
Visceral Fat still 12
BMI 28.1
Ketones 2.0

Woke up once in the night at 2:39..no idea why and fell back to sleep after about a minute
Today I'm going for zero cals so just black tea/coffee and water. Might not manage it but will give it a go..
Not hungry at the mo..
Have a great day!
Great start. I found the afternoon hardest with energy levels at their lowest. I love cream but where I live getting fresh organic double cream is impossible.
Have a good day

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker re cream in coffee- I’ve been trying to reduce too, (just so Ican have more coffee in the day without using a whole pot of cream really) I’ve got down to 2teasps per large mug but, like you, find that less is definitely not more.
My daughter drinks it black - she just decided to stop any sort of whitener and went cold turkey and now can’t bear the thought of anything in it.
I just enjoy the cream too much - one of life’s small plasures.
I'll let you know tonight!... Just having tea without milk at the moment.. I guess its kind of ok... not especially pleasurable but think I'll need the caffeine also have a PPG meeting at lunchtime..

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll let you know tonight!... Just having tea without milk at the moment.. I guess its kind of ok... not especially pleasurable but think I'll need the caffeine also have a PPG meeting at lunchtime..

OOoooh,.......... The PPG meeting could get interesting if you grab a fit of the hangries!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OOoooh,.......... The PPG meeting could get interesting if you grab a fit of the hangries!
Indeed which is why I'll have a black coffee before I go.. the hangries plus a caffeine withdrawal could cause bloodshed..!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update
Bloods and ketones at 17:20

BG 4.0
Ketones 3.0

Today have so far managed with black tea and coffee 2 of each and a cup of hot water... however unless I have lost half a stone when I get on the scales in the morning I'm back on the cream and milk tomorrow...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK evening update.. I tried but in the end couldn't do a no cal day.. black coffee just isn't for me!

So we ended up with
BG at 4.3
Ketones 2.7

Intake at
Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 22.50.12.png

Overall day was fine. PPG meeting at lunchtime and stroppy phone call with BT who tried to put up my internet price.. No real hunger. Onwards and upwards for tomorrow..

Reactions: lindijanice