Regular moderate exercise log

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Well November's off to a poor start - laid low with a virus these last 2 days. Done no exercise apart from sweeping some leaves and mowing the lawn (in November!), which left me feeling like death.
Been eating stuff I don't normally eat like white buttered toast and chocolate digestives. I'm sure it wont hurt for a couple of days until I'm feeling better.

Reactions: DJC3 and Geoffno6

Geoffno6

Started Thursday with a 20 minute walk in the rain in the Yorkshire dales, finished the day with a 2 mile walk around Ambleside. Started today with a 2 mile run along Lake Windermere now crossing London by train and tube. Should finished the day with a 2 mile walk from the station in Kent. 13k steps yesterday up to 14k today.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Been missing in (in)action the past few days. Work travel and general work busyness definitely interfering with exercise plans.

Tuesday 7977 steps, Wednesday 13900, Thursday 10476 and a Pilates class.

Back on it today - energy levels back up after a better nights sleep. 20670 steps and back to the gym - stretching, step ups, push ups, physio prescribed exercises and weights - leg press, hip adductor and abductor, leg extension, calf press, seated dip, lat pull down, seated row.

@kev-w that head looks sore!

@DJC3 look after your leg

And welcome @stuffedolive

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ran late again so didn't have chance to swim, a gym day off really but I went for a session anyway, a standard warm up and some kettle bell work, then some barbell bench press up to body weight 80k6 x3 then one whole shaky rep at 82.5 before dropping weight and upping reps, then the same up and back down routine on the proper pull down machine as the handle doesn't hit you on the head when you pull the pin out of the stack before some single arm exercises on the cable machine, by that point my Libre arrow was showing me dropping from 5mmols so I had a Dextrotab and packed up sharply :)

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
by that point my Libre arrow was showing me dropping from 5mmols so I had a Dextrotab and packed up sharply

Interesting @kev-w types 1 and 2 so different. My gym work always sends my BG up. The drop usually shows up the next morning. Feel so lucky not to be having to deal with hypos.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 days of very basic just above couch potato. Thursday 10k steps around shops in Cambridge - did use stairs as a novelty (live in a bungalow). Yesterday 12k steps and very basic farmers walk - woke @ 3.30 so not inclined to do damage just coast through the day. Nice walk in the woods with dogs though.

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey @Goonergal - back with a vengance.

I did 3 brisk walks today 12,500 steps in all, and an hour’s exercise class

@stuffedolive hope you feel better soon. Leaf sweeping and lawn mowing are good exercise - @ianpspurs is king of the garden workout and I’m sure will vouch for that.
Best garden workouts involve axe/log maul, hand saws, pickaxes, sledge hammers and fence post rammers. Lawn mowing and strimming are ok. Raking is high on METs but I love log splitting and stacking logs. (Don't mention fences and hammers near Julie - a Kev's head type event)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders eventually when the high sugar dropped, not a bad work out, kettle bells pressed both ways, some db press and single arm cable front and side raises and face pulls :p, at this point my bloods were dropping so I went home for food before going back for a swim, 1150m in 30 minutes, a little slower than normal but pleased I got it in :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 mins on the exercise bike first thing with 3x 20 sec at the highest resistance.
Just over 10k steps.
I’m thinking I should do another bout on the bike as Ive just scoffed a bit of Montezumas 100% chocolate......

Reactions: Geoffno6

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up on a couple of days.

Yesterday step count was 21,626. Mostly walking in and around Sevenoaks/Knole Park before attending a friend’s 60th birthday do.

Today participated in women’s football tournament and clocked up 9290 steps getting from A to B.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely dry, mild day so I started with a nice dog walk. Mojo went MIA a little from then on and had to work hard to reach 10.5k steps.

Reactions: Geoffno6

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a belated training update, apologies, squats on Saturday morning under competition rules, so 135kg x2 and I achieved comp depth and am happy with it. only two training weeks to make sure that everything is ready.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Back from the weekend away... after feeling like death on Friday, I felt fine on Saturday so I (foolishly?) ran the Winchester City orienteering race and did much better than I would have expected even without the virus = >1 hours running with my warmup/down
However, after a pretty sleepless night in an overly hot pub b&b, Sunday's race, on the downs in the New Forest, was not so inspiring. After enduring constant drizzle and wind, and splashing through lots of ankle deep marsh, I got disqualified for finding the wrong tree near the end of my course :-/
I undoubtedly overcooked it on Saturday so soon after the virus so I had no energy and just concentrated on getting around. = 1.5 hrs running & jogging.
Not feeling too bad today but not 100%, so I'm missing out on my Monday gym class.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and DJC3