Good food

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Everyone comes here thinking their yummy stuff is gone.

Well my Sunday dinner was beef cooked in the slow cooker for hours till tender. The onions and mushrooms and tomato paste with it had melted into the juices.
With garden peas, brocoli and kale.

Piled high with a generous salt shake and the liquid from the slow cooker. Oh yes.

No desert. Kept those carbs spare for 15g of frazzles in front of the telly later.

What was yours?

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Sunday dinner was roast chicken, cauliflower, brocolli, peas and carrot and one tiny roast potato with gravy made from meat juices, a tiny amount of gravy granules and flax seed to thicken it. Dessert was SF jelly, cream and a sprinkling of LC chocolate granola :hungry:

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was slow cooked beef too - served with broccoli and cauliflower cheese (sauce made with full fat cream cheese, cream and pecorino). No dessert, but I did have an 85% chocolate baton (Hotel Chocolat) with my coffee afterwards.

Reactions: Spl@

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was roast pork, with broccoli, cauliflower, green beans & peas and I’m lucky at the minute that my body can handle one small Yorkshire pudding without much impact on BG, all with the smallest drizzle of gravy. Even without the potatoes, Sunday roast is still my favourite meal of the week :)