A Huge Thank You

T2_2018

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I want to start this by saying a huge thank you to everyone on this site. To all those kind and helpful people that reply to posts giving their advice and sharing their experiences, but especially to everyone who has had the courage to ask a question or share their problem. A huge part of me dealing with my diagnosis has been following the questions people have raised. Without you sharing your problems I would be in a far worse place right now.

I was diagnosed with T2 in August with a Hb1Ac of 143, and 19.8 on the glucose tester. I found this site and forum really early on and it has been invaluable to me. I started off eating what I thought was healthily with little effect on levels, reduced carbs to ~100g a day which started to work, and now aim for <50g a day. I am on 2000mg of Metformin a day, and managed to lose 1st in weight so far. I've also recently got my morning fasting levels down to less than 7 which is a huge win in my books. My last Hb1Ac reading at the start of October was 80, fingers crossed the next one in January should be better still.

As I say, the main reason for creating this account was to say thank you to everyone, newly diagnosed and old hands, you have given me a whole load of strength to get this far.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done T2_2018 , keep up the good work!
I agree with you whole heartedly, I derived huge benefits from the advice and support I received when I was first diagnosed 18 months ago. I still learn from the forum, but now try to pay back too and it is lovely to be appreciated, so thank you too x

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Very well done, great progress! I sometimes forget that people arn't as vociferous as I am, thanks for reminding me :) that there are loadsa people out there just quietly doin' their thaing and getting great results.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I want to start this by saying a huge thank you to everyone on this site. To all those kind and helpful people that reply to posts giving their advice and sharing their experiences, but especially to everyone who has had the courage to ask a question or share their problem. A huge part of me dealing with my diagnosis has been following the questions people have raised. Without you sharing your problems I would be in a far worse place right now.

I was diagnosed with T2 in August with a Hb1Ac of 143, and 19.8 on the glucose tester. I found this site and forum really early on and it has been invaluable to me. I started off eating what I thought was healthily with little effect on levels, reduced carbs to ~100g a day which started to work, and now aim for <50g a day. I am on 2000mg of Metformin a day, and managed to lose 1st in weight so far. I've also recently got my morning fasting levels down to less than 7 which is a huge win in my books. My last Hb1Ac reading at the start of October was 80, fingers crossed the next one in January should be better still.

As I say, the main reason for creating this account was to say thank you to everyone, newly diagnosed and old hands, you have given me a whole load of strength to get this far.

You're more than welcome. But really... People here can say all they want, YOU did all the work. Well done, and congratulations on your improved results!

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is wonderful progress. Well done! I learn a lot of things from threads that I may not have commented on, and it's also nice to know what others are doing on their journey.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Well Done OP, very well done!

I totally agree, I don't think people asking "silly" questions realise how useful this is to who knows how many people not confident enough or not wanting to voice their worries. When you ask a questions, usually along with a list of personal information it is brave. I think for every poster there are an untold number that won't post but also find the questions and answers useful. even the disagreements that take place are incredibly useful to get differing views (as well as sometimes entertaining hehe).

If I may jump up beside you in thanking everyone :)

Keep up the hard work, keep getting better results and keep sharing, you are inspirational