Low carb Porridge and ground almonds

daisy22

Hi all

I've done a search as I saw a recipe for this a few days ago but can't seem to find it now.

Please could anyone give me a recipe, using ground almonds and almond milk?

Thank you

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have Linseed & ground almonds, with almond milk. You can get a mix of linseed and ground brasil nuts, which is really nice. I add a bit of sweetener, 1 min 20 in the microwave, jobs-a-goodun!

Reactions: HSSS

daisy22

Only problem is as I live in France I haven't managed to source coconut flour or almond flour along with the husk.

Ground almonds and almond milk no problem. I'm making a list for my next trip to UK

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I have flaked almonds and double cream, sometimes adding some seeds and other nuts. Stopped using almond milk as it is full of chemicals (a processed food) whereas cream is natural and therefore healthier (in my opinion).

Reactions: SamJB

daisy22

Can't even get English cream here we use fromage frais as a substitute. There is a variety of UHT creams but again processed.

The recipe I'm trying to find is from a member who uses a little bit of porridge with almonds, but can't remember the quantities

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't even get English cream here we use fromage frais as a substitute. There is a variety of UHT creams but again processed.

The recipe I'm trying to find is from a member who uses a little bit of porridge with almonds, but can't remember the quantities

The closest to UK cream is proper crème fraîche d’isigny. The milk from isigny (near Caen) tastes like British milk too. I lived in that region for some years

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could amazon or other online shopping get you the ingredients you need.?