Type 2 High blood pressure

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone in this forum suffer from high blood pressure, and if so what medication was prescribed by doctors.

Reactions: Freema

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had hypertension since before I was diagnosed Type 2. I was on Amlodipine and Ramipril. However after my type 2 diagnosis and adopting low carb eating I lost a shed load of weight and as a consequence my BP came down to the point where I was getting giddy spells. I opted, after discussion with my GP to stop the Amlodipine as it has potential to raise blood sugars. I now have a normal BP on Ramipril which I’m happy to stay on as it has kidney protecting qualities too.

Reactions: Freema

jwd1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Keesha this doesn't answer your question, but I am guessing that you have high BP and are on LCHF.

My blood pressure September 2017 = 120/82, had a blood test last Friday with DN =156/90. I have been on LCHF since September 2017, eating between 20 to 50 gms carbs/day. My BMI is 21, so I am alarmed by the BP increase.
DN came up with the usual "maybe too much sat fat." I am in the process of testing each day for a week and submitting the results. I find that my initial test can be as high as 170/90 but I am doing 3 repeated tests with 60 secs interval and so far the best result has me down to 130/83 on 3rd test from 173/93 on 1st test. I excercise daily including HIIT sessions and average walking at least 1 hour/day.

Should I really be worrying?

Reactions: Rich92

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
hi
drink a cup of coffee and you will see the difference

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone in this forum suffer from high blood pressure, and if so what medication was prescribed by doctors.
Hi keesha yes I have high blood pressure and take Ramipril My diabetes was only discovered because of annual blood test for my B/P .

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi
drink a cup of coffee and you will see the difference

You obviously dont know what you are talking about , what a horrible suggestion to a very servere and sometimes life threatening condition

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi keesha yes I have high blood pressure and take Ramipril My diabetes was only discovered because of annual blood test for my B/P .
Same here!

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
You obviously dont know what you are talking about , what a horrible suggestion to a very servere and sometimes life threatening condition
Yes I understand Madam I do not play with the lives of others You can see the amount of potassium and Sodium in the cup of coffee

T2_2018

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I was diagnosed with hypertension at the same time as my diabetes (T2) diagnosis, and am on Ramipril (1x5mg a day). I think it is under control now. We suspect I have "white coat syndrome" where it reads high at the doctors but much closer to OK at home.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently mine is high, but I declined Meds. I know that it comes down when I give the booze a miss :rolleyes:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im on lisinopril, another ACE inhibitor, 10mg daily.
The hospital have to do a 24 hr bp test everytime they want to check my bp as Im diagnosed with severe white coat hypertension and the mere sight of a doctor, nurse or bp machine sends it soaring ( I blame years of working in the NHS myself)
My consultant endo told me that the 24 hour traces show that my bp has a “lovely nocturnal dip” which is a strange compliment but apparently a good indicator of arterial health (normal to have a nocturnal dip but with stiff arteries, theres no nocturnal dip anymore)

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Used to before I lost a shedload of weight by low carbing now its around "normal" whatever that is these days..
I also suffer from white coat syndrome so was always high when at the surgery.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have white coat syndrome too. I bought a home monitor so for a week before any routine appt at my surgery I take a reading every day and when I get to the appt an average of my readings is recorded on my record.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks to all who replied and I really appreciate your honesty. I have type 2 and hypertension. As high as 165/100. The worries and stress is certainly not helping me as my blood pressure is high and so is my blood glucose. I know both are progressive diseases and nothing I could do except trying eating low carbs. Lost a bunch weight and unable to replace it. That worries me too. Heart rate is also high. Right now on coversyl, metformin, synthroid and tevapropanol. Used to be on ramipril but it did not work for me.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Im on lisinopril, another ACE inhibitor, 10mg daily.
The hospital have to do a 24 hr bp test everytime they want to check my bp as Im diagnosed with severe white coat hypertension and the mere sight of a doctor, nurse or bp machine sends it soaring ( I blame years of working in the NHS myself)
My consultant endo told me that the 24 hour traces show that my bp has a “lovely nocturnal dip” which is a strange compliment but apparently a good indicator of arterial health (normal to have a nocturnal dip but with stiff arteries, theres no nocturnal dip anymore)

Did they prescribe blood thinner for you?

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Apparently mine is high, but I declined Meds. I know that it comes down when I give the booze a miss :rolleyes:

I am glad you are able to manage it without medication. That is a huge plus because I know a lot of people tried but failed.

livabet1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My BP is running at 185/91 without medication and 142/82 with. I take Valsartan evening and Aldalat mornings. The Valsartan is causing major side effects and I dont want to continue. Is there an alternative?

suhasini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with high BP a few months after diabetes.I have found BP to be very difficult to understand and control compared to blood sugar levels. The readings can vary minute to minute.I am on bisoprolol, coverssyl and verapamil.Two years ago my readings on waking were as low as 110/ 70 and stayed that way more or less through out the day . GP agreed to me stopping coversyl for a week and then the readings were much higher and I didn't feel good ,so added the coversyl back. I think the optimum range varies from person to person.Some function well even with what are quite high readings while some have very low ranges as their 'normal'.