What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't you get the memo/whatsapp re carnivore diet? - huge steak (define huge 400 gms plus?) may not be sole cause. I heard a rumour gin and soda and red wine were spotted in your area.:angelic: Hope the flood is sorted soon.

It was actually 1 large steak - 2 and a half lb which we cut in half and had 1/2 each, so yes, over 400gm ( did leave a little bit, but ate far more than I probably needed)

Re flood - got downstairs to find the horizontal rain had come in through the cooker vent hood so the hob and kitcken floor were soaking also. A day of mopping ahead.

Reactions: Cumberland

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me on this windy morning.

Cinema last night to see Bohemian Rapsody. Didn't appreciate Freddie and Queen enough when he was alive.

2 for 1 tickets thanks to my weekly meerkat code. Love a bargain.

REVIEW
9 out if 10 from me

I loved it. I feel very satisfied. If you go expecting to hear great Queen music you wont be disappointed. If you go wanting to know all the seedy side of his life then save your money. Read between the lines though and you will get the gist. Its not a documentary. Just a film celebrating his life. The casting was amazing. Especially Freddie played by Rami Malek, he was sensational. it tells beautifully the story of music, love, life, tragedy, happiness and sadness. It shows Freddie for the wonderful showman he was and Queen members as talented musicians. The live aid section blew me away. Almost felt like i was there. The relationship he had with his father seemed a difficult one. I won't say any more to spoil it but I will just add that I would love to see it again.

Busy day ahead so need to dash. Have a good day every one. Painting and decorating for me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was actually 1 large steak - 2 and a half lb which we cut in half and had 1/2 each, so yes, over 400gm ( did leave a little bit, but ate far more than I probably needed)

Re flood - got downstairs to find the horizontal rain had come in through the cooker vent hood so the hob and kitcken floor were soaking also. A day of mopping ahead.
Good stuff re the steak. I have problems working out how some people deal with control due to descriptions of" huge meals" and being "stuffed" by what seems to me very small quantities of food (links back to the posts last night on menu thread) Big hug re the flood - is the rain highly unusual or are the problems likely to persist?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me. I've lost a lot of weight, but becoming a bit disheartened at my inability to get regular 5s, let alone 4s
Think where you started and when that was. The lower bgs trail the weight loss and WOE so they will come. You are doing fine - hold to your course and it will be fine.

Reactions: philchap1

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think where you started and when that was. The lower bgs trail the weight loss and WOE so they will come. You are doing fine - hold to your course and it will be fine.

Cheers Ian - forgive my ignorance, but what is WOE? (other than 'woe is me, I can't eat pizza')

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Wonderful day today, sunny, no clouds and expecting 16 degrees today. Probably the last nice day this year. Planning to spend the day outside and enjoy the sun.

Blood sugars were 5.1.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Well done on the blood sugar control, weight loss, and inches off the waist.
@Ziggy2017 -- Happy belated anniversary.
@ianpspurs -- From 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. is a very long work day. In Germany, most people seem to think that we only work when we are in the classroom. They don't realize that we have to prep for class, write and grade exam, supervise theses, hold office hours, and are involved in administration and service.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good stuff re the steak. I have problems working out how some people deal with control due to descriptions of" huge meals" and being "stuffed" by what seems to me very small quantities of food (links back to the posts last night on menu thread) Big hug re the flood - is the rain highly unusual or are the problems likely to persist?

I agree, sometimes descriptions of ‘huge’ make me feel a bit of a pig as they often seem quite modest to my gluttonous self.

Flood problems will probably persist. Rain is forecast all week and this rain is a lot ‘rainier’ than London rain.

Mr C fixed the window problem by stuffing a pair of socks around the frame - not quite the fix I was hoping for!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning (just) All. 6.7 at 07.45 then fasted for blood test at 08.40 to check my thyroid after months of significant hair loss. Just before she inserted the needle I said this is for thyroid isnt it? No its your Hba1c and lipids panel luvvie says she. No way says I thats not due till mid Dec and could be my Christmas present to myself. So then the band comes off my arm and she downs tools because she has no form to do thyroid despite message by phone to me from the Dr 4 weeks ago. Are you sure you dont want your HbA1c done she asked as I put my coat on....oh go on then I’ll check your thyroid since your here. Som I derobed and she did. Am I going/gone mad?
PS. After a FBG like this mornings I as in no mood for an HbA1c.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, sometimes descriptions of ‘huge’ make me feel a bit of a pig as they often seem quite modest to my gluttonous self.

Flood problems will probably persist. Rain is forecast all week and this rain is a lot ‘rainier’ than London rain.

Mr C fixed the window problem by stuffing a pair of socks around the frame - not quite the fix I was hoping for!
I wondered if I had offended you with the query but the difference in meaning of huge meals is important. Mr C fixed it like a true countryman - good man.

Reactions: ziggy_w

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
good morning all :)

4.9 today :)

coughing and spluttering with a sore throat this morning which kept me awake during the night so I didn't have the best sleep. Never mind, breakfast shortly then I'll be off out :)

Hope your day goes well :)
Get well soon.