HBA1C RESULT AND GENERAL UPDATE

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hey everyone,

I’ve not posted for a while but I have been lurking. Got my HBA1C today after wrestling it out of the receptionist.

April 2018 - 85 (Diagnosed)
August 2018 - 41
November 2018 - 36!!!!

I’m down again and my total weight loss to date is 3 stone 10 pounds or 52 pounds if that’s your thing.

It’s all down to low carb high fat and some fairly consistent exercise.

You seasoned veterans will know what’s achievable already but any newbies reading this, please believe it. It really is possible to get a handle on Type 2 and enjoy your life.

I eat sausages, bacon and eggs nearly everyday. Lots of chicken and cheese, lettuce wraps, mushroom burgers the lot. I even eat pizza (google fat head pizza). Sure I have the odd wobble (I’m looking at you Costco Raspberry Muffins) but I take it in my stride and keep pushing on.

Read this forum, ask questions and most importantly, don’t be afraid to try cheese with everything!

Thanks for all your help guys. I’m going to try and be a bit more active moving forward. #TeamSugar ;-)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Lovin'the hashtag! Great work there, keep it up.

Reactions: bigsi1984

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone,

I’ve not posted for a while but I have been lurking. Got my HBA1C today after wrestling it out of the receptionist.

August 2018 - 41
November 2018 - 36!!!!

I’m down again and my total weight loss to date is 3 stone 10 pounds or 52 pounds if that’s your thing.

You seasoned veterans will know what’s achievable already but any newbies reading this, please believe it. It really is possible to get a handle on Type 2 and enjoy your life.

I eat sausages, bacon and eggs nearly everyday. Lots of chicken and cheese, lettuce wraps, mushroom burgers the lot. I even eat pizza (google fat head pizza). Sure I have the odd wobble (I’m looking at you Costco Raspberry Muffins) but I take it in my stride and keep pushing on.

Read this forum, ask questions and most importantly, don’t be afraid to try cheese with everything!

Thanks for all your help guys. I’m going to try and be a bit more active moving forward. #TeamSugar ;-)

A big well done from me Bigsi!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!
Time to change your screen name to Notsobigsi1984! ;)

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great effort and a great attitude. Now keep it going and when the holiday arrives stay out of Costco!
All the best. NMD.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone,

August 2018 - 41
November 2018 - 36!!!!

Awesome! Congratulations!