Freedom Pass

madness

Can anyone tell me why diabetics in London are not entitled to a freedom pass?

Every 3 yrs they threaten to take away your driving licence, and in the meantime you have to use public transport.

So why are we not entitled to travel for free if we cant use our cars to get around and have to rely on friends and family at times when neuropathies set in and make life unbearable?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Because we're responsible adults and shouldn't expect to be looked after by the state.

jopar

Freedom passes aren't automatically issues to an individual with diabetes unless they also have another medical condition or one of the complications that effects their mobility... such as blindness/registered partially sighted, neuropathy if it's at a stage where you can't walk a reasonable distance etc..

Then they will issue one

Passes are for those who really need one, not just because the happen to have a medical tag..

stabatha

They are also given to people who have had their driving licenses taken away for medical reasons i.e if you have no hypo awareness as you have to be in control of the vehicle at all times

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi madness
seems like your on your own on this one . Prove your validity to your local council and see how you get on . I'm a great beleiver of if you don't ask you don't get .
Good luck on you :D If you do get one make sure you post it in CAPITALS <<<<<<< lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
JF.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
madness said:
Can anyone tell me why diabetics in London are not entitled to a freedom pass?

Every 3 yrs they threaten to take away your driving licence, and in the meantime you have to use public transport.

So why are we not entitled to travel for free if we cant use our cars to get around and have to rely on friends and family at times when neuropathies set in and make life unbearable?

Hi,

I do believe with a 3 year restricted license you can still drive whilst being re-assessed, if your capable of driving you should be able to do so until proved your not able.

If you have complications due to diabetes and not being able to drive then you would be given a transport pass.