Favourite films

lee39

goodfellas
apocalypse now
raging bull
the good the bad and the ugly
Pulp fiction
could name many more but i cant believe no one else has put goodfelllas u gotta watch it.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
oooh. I'm quite a movie addict :)

Shawhsank redemption (seems to be a popular one here)

Million dollar baby

I am legend

Kill bill

Manyyyy more :)

rainey2910

Dislikes
Work!
I've got loads of favourite films, but the top 5 have to be (not in order):

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Forrest Gump
Schindlers List
Love Actually
Four Weddings & A Funeral

A bit of a mix, I know, but I just like these best! :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot "Talledega Nights" - haven't laughed so hard in years!!!

louiseb

rainey2910 said:
louiseb said:
man about dog

I bought this film when I was last in Ireland, only watched a couple of weeks ago and now wished I'd watched it sooner - it's HILARIOUS! :lol:

man about dog is a fantastic film its hillarious, but im surprised you understood it lol im form N.Ireland and I even had trouble a few times with the accent unsterdanding what they were saying lol

liklejojo

I love movies, I've tonnes of favourites but in no particular order I love:

Inception
Public Enemies
Kill Bill
The Illusionist
The Devil Wears Prada
and I'm sorry to say it guys but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan - although must admit I prefer the books!!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, my all time favourite film is "The English Patient" [ based on true facts ] blows me away every time I watch it! plus series of :Band of brothers , The Tudors , Elizabeth the Golden Years , Schindlers List , n the classic Breakfast at Tiffanys. oh and Mr Darcy and Amazing Grace and The Kings Speech. My favourite Music Hits are 2 out of 3 aint bad [meatloaf] It'll Be Allright [kenny g with peabo bryson] Want to know what love is [foreinger] my all time favourite "abba" hit has got to be The Winner Takes It ALL. My fave book is Angela's Ashes [frank mc court] Fave Perfume is Insolence [guerlain] Fave stone a Diamond n Fave colour Yellow. Anna.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not read the book Angela's Ashes but have seen the film with the great Robert Carlyle, such a powerful story! :(

Nigel

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, the book is far more humurous and gripping than the film, the film was a dissapointment to me as huge chunks of it were left out n some of the best bits too. Have had to buy the book again as wore it out n it was falling to bits! Anna.x

C

catherinecherub

The sequel book is good too. "T'is a Memoir" This about when Frank emigrates to America, joins the Army and although there are some harrowing bits he ends up with a much better life.

His brother Malachy wrote, "A Monk Swimming". His personality is totally different. I think he carried the demons of his childhood with him. He comes across as a likeable rogue.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
anna29 said:
my all time favourite "abba" hit has got to be The Winner Takes It ALL.
Anna.

Since I read this I have been singing The Winner Takes It All all afternoon alone in the car :? I love the whole Abba repertoire and have just enjoyed seeing the film "Mamma Mia" on TV. I also love Queen - there was a film about them recently. I love the Beatles and loved all their films.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All together now.... I dont want to talk about the things we have gone through! But we CAN talk about it on here!! What a fantastic forum n place for all of us.... Daisy am going to fish winner takes it all out of my car boot ready for tomorrow to belt out as I drive along... Wish I could have been in your car with you today. Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Anna - not being there has spared your poor ears as I am no singer :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Am DEAF and wear an hearing aid!!! So believe me it woludnt matter a jot to me what your singing was like! Plus am tone deaf too. ha ha ha . Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
oops :oops: Guess you have full volume in your car then :wink: Next time I sing I will invite you since I won't be embarrassed if I sing a wrong note :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No worries, daisy, am blessed with fantastic humour, nice to know someone else likes my fave 'abba' song.how do you make them smilies work? have pressed all sorts to try n get them to work! without success...help? Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Anna :wink:
While you are typing your text in the box, all you need to do is to click on the smilie you want and it will appear (text version of it only) in your reply box where the cursor is. Click on preview and you will see the smilie as it will appear in your post when you click on submit. Then submit your post. HTH :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ohhh, thank you. Daisy. Hey it works! I think ? :D