Pump Recommendations

Oscar_Emms

Anyone got any information regarding the Medtronic, Omnipod, Accu-Chek Roche as I am struggling with which one to choose

1claire

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. My son has been on the Medtronic 640G for approximately 3 months and so far so good. He loves it. No problems as yet. It does take a little time and patience to get the levels of insulin correct but whenever you get there it is fantastic. We did think of the Omnipod as an option but as he is quite sporty what was the main thing against it was that there was a possibility that it could be knocked off during a match of football or rugby. No regrets on changing from pen to pump though.

Reactions: kitedoc

Oscar_Emms

Thank you I am not as sporty as your son sounds, however I think I will go for the omnipod but l am going to take all the options into consideration. Thank you again

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi if yo are having hypos that require another person to assist or night time ones the Medtronic 640g has a on or before low suspend on insulin delivery which tend to stop hypo's but it needs the CGM to work which you might have problems getting. I've not had a hypo in the last 6-7 years since I got the pump, I used to have serious hypos 3-10.times a year with a lot more minor ones but I don't have warning symptoms

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have an active job and like my Roche pump. Its the insight.
All pumps need a little effort to set up your bolus ratios and basal hourly rates (the hourly drop) plus the rate by which you drop or increase insulin for exercise/illness/pmt etc.
My pump has insulin cartridges which I find makes it far less prone to occlusions.
The other useful feature that I'd want for any pump is the ability to bluetooth bolus and correction doses straight from my meter to the pump.
Hope you find the right one for you.

Danielle Rafter

Hello, I'm on the omnipod and I find it amazing and easy to use. When I go to get my HB1C done my doctors/nurses download the pump to see how good my control is and I find it easier and less complicated because I hated my other pump it kept catching on door handles and it hurt a lot

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a Medtronic 640g and enlite sensor which suspends insulin delivery if blood sugar is predicted to go low which has stopped my having hypo’s since I had it about 7+ years now